Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move to 21CN

charman31
Dabbler

Move to 21CN

Hi,
I received an email from Plusnet advising I would be moved to the 21CN network within 5 weeks.
I have seen a support question that says the following:

An update report has been received for this account.
The broadband service is now being transferred to the 21C Network.
The date this work is expected to be completed is 22/06/2010 (Commit Date).
This means the date the transfer will complete will be after 12pm on 23/06/2010.

I haven't noticed anything different over the last couple of days. I am currently on Plusnet Value, should there be any changes to my connection?
Thanks
Adam
21 REPLIES 21
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Move to 21CN

Hi Adam,
It looks like you have been moved on to the 21CN network, however the service has remained at up to 24mb.
I've requested an upgrade to up to 24mb for you, this should go through within the next 5 working days and you should receive a confirmation e-mail within the next 24 hours.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
scootie
Grafter

thought value was capped at 8mb down  and 448 up on 21cn ?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Asbo Dog,
You're right and I've errored!  Embarrassed
charman31 my apologies, the value account type is up to 8mb down and 448kbps up so the speeds you are receiving are correct for your account type.
I think I must have spent too long on business support  Undecided
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
charman31
Dabbler

Hi,
No problem. Should I notice any difference now that I have moved onto 21CN?
Out of interest, if I moved to a different package am I likely to get a faster speed?
Thanks
Adam
scootie
Grafter

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php if you grab your line stats esp the attention fig (reading of line length) we can tell you what increase if any you should get on the download.
You will all ways get about double upload maybe more, maybe a little less depending on length of line but there is all ways an increase in upload once your line is uncapped after your transfer to 21cn (you have to request the upload to be uncapped)
grahamt
Rising Star

If you moved to another package such as Plusnet Extra (which also costs extra) you'd be on ADSL2+, which is advertised as either 'up to 20mb/s' or 'up to 24mb/s' depending on whose advert you're looking at.
How much faster your speed will be on ADSL2+ depends on what kind of speed you're currently getting. If you're now getting something close to 8mb/s on ADSL1 then you can expect a big increase, but if you're now getting around 2.5-3mb/s then you won't notice much difference. What's your current speed?
ADSL2+ also suffers from over-sensitive line management from BT, so speeds go up and down a lot more (for some people at least). I'm not sure if the combination of ADSL1 and 21CN shows the same behaviour, but I'm sure someone will tell us.
Graham
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

charman31,
As Asbo Dog commented, if you can get hold of your router stats (and let us know if you struggle with that) we should be able to tell you if the service has improved. The intention of a move from 20CN to 21CN whilst remaining on up to 8mb is to help with stability and more consistent speeds really.
Also as grahamt says the extra package along with Pro does offer up to 24mb speeds.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
charman31
Dabbler

Hi,
Here are my stats:

Link Information
Uptime: 0 days, 22:35:45
DSL Type: G.992.1 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 3,360
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.0 / 18.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 30.5 / 47.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 20.0 / 11.5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / TSTC
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 5 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 623
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 192
Thanks
Adam
charman31
Dabbler

Hi,
How do my stats look?  Roll_eyes
Thanks
Adam
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi,
Interesting, I've just run a line tests which shows that you are on a 2500kbps profile at the moment. However your line carries a fault threshold rate (the maximum speed it should be able to operate at without problems). is much higher. This can sometimes be miscalculated but it may well be worth investigating this as a fault to see if we can get some improvement for you.
I would start with connecting straight into the BT test socket (assuming you have one) and checking the sync speed from your router stats to see if it rises above the 3,360kbps you had when you pulled those from your router.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
charman31
Dabbler

Hi Adam,
That is interesting. I will try this over the weekend and post the information.
I did raise a fault through Plusnet with my query whether I had moved over to 21CN, are you able to see this? Or do I need to do something else?
Thanks
Adam
charman31
Dabbler

Hi,
Plugged my router into the test socket without any extensions/phone and here are the stats:
Uptime: 0 days, 0:05:09
DSL Type: G.992.1 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 3,328
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.0 / 18.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 30.5 / 46.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 21.0 / 12.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / TSTC
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
It doesn't seem to connect over 3360kbps, I have restarted the router a couple of times.
Is it worth leaving it in the test socket over the weekend and posting the stats Sunday?
Thanks
Adam
scootie
Grafter

your line attention dropped by 1db in the test socket which is good, likely hood if you keep your router connected at the test socket for a period of time the dlm will drop your noise margin (snr) down to 9db from 12db which would boost your sync speed some.
what extra wiring is there when your not connected to the test socket and what devices are attached? it may be possable to find what is causing the extra attention and remove that instead of running from the test socket
charman31
Dabbler

Hi,
The only things connected would be a slave extension which the router & phone is normally connected to. We do have another slave socket which our Sky is normally connected to but the internal wiring is not currently connected to the socket.
Should I try connecting the router to the test socket then or raise a fault? If so how long would it need to connected to the test socket for?
Thanks
Adam