cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move from Virgin

GlynArmstrong
Dabbler

Move from Virgin

I have just moved to PlusNet from Virgin and discovered that Virgin have charged me for a months usage since I moved. They say this is because I should have given 35 days notice. I am annoyed that Virgin did not point this out to me when they gave me the MAC code, and PlusNet also did not mention that this would happen. Do other ISPs charge like this? I thought the idea of MAC codes was that it was free and easy to move, but I have in effect paid £15.
4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Move from Virgin

you will be glad to know that PN only have 10 days notice
journeys
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Have high hopes for Virgin.
Back in 2004 they promised (I have it in writing) that I'd have mobile phone coverage to my home by 2010.................they have 3 days to go.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Plusnet will have no knowledge of the contract you had with Virgin, that is between you and Virgin so how could PlusNet have said anything?
As for having to pay £15... well that would have been in the terms and conditions of your contract with Virgin, so you only have yourself to blame if you did not read them. If Virgin failed to mention it I can't see what that has to do with PlusNet... your complaint would be with Virgin.
Have you read the full terms and conditions of your PlusNet contract? or did you just tick the box and continued like most people do.
GlynArmstrong
Dabbler

Thanks for your comments. My complaint is not against PlusNet, but against Virgin. I started this thread to see if others had come across the same issue, and if other ISPs do the same thing. I had been with Virgin about 5 years - I am not even sure that MAC codes existed when the contract started and this notice period specifically relates to using a MAC to migrate. It seems to me that Virgin are exploiting a loophole in the rules - they are not allowed to charge for a MAC, but they manage to charge extra by having this notice period.