cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most engineers ever involved? DSL speed issues progressed to line disconnection - Still not solved!

Dibblah
Rising Star

Re: Most engineers ever involved? DSL speed issues progressed to line disconnection - Still not solv

Is there any update on this?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Most engineers ever involved? DSL speed issues progressed to line disconnection - Still not solv

Looks like your connection is still terrible:

Unfortunately we'll need to arrange another engineer visit. Sad

I'll update you ticket shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for updating your ticket.

I've booked the appointment in for Monday AM.

Unfortunately my annual leave has come around at a bad time, as I'll be out of the office tomorrow until the 5th June. I was hoping this would be resolved by now.

I'll be handing this over to one of my colleagues to monitor closely and provide you with updates.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've moved the ticket on your account to @SammyM's ownership.

She'll keep you updated there and here.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dibblah
Rising Star

So, another engineer - 3 in fact, this time. Over 3 days, where once again I had to be in.

No resolution, no actual line improvement but a rather obscure entry in the question:

===Ring ahead information ends===
I cannot complete this task because Further investigation by adsl senior engineer as other lines in same area are getting similar errors .pqt outside prem perfect but lots of errors.senior engineer looking at fault and investigating at. Please pass to CSS

No update for a day since this. I do understand that Anoush has been allowed a well earned break, however, we have no conduit to follow up on this call apart from through Plusnet. Please can we have an update and a plan for resolution.

Cheers,

Allan.

Dibblah
Rising Star

Just out of interest, I have found the counters for nCodeViolations and nFECErrors, which are graphed below. This is per 15 minutes.

errors.png

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Allan, 

I can see we're waiting for a further update from the operational manager at Openreach and we've been advised to expect that by 14:00 on 4/6.

Sammy has ownership of the issue and will update you with anything further we can add as soon as posisble. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Dibblah
Rising Star

Thanks for the update.

I finally have a reasonable way to graph code violations + FEC errors - the graph below is a 60 second (approx) rolling average of both. The units are errors per second.

It looks like a continuous improvement of the line, but it's not - every "step down" in FEC / CRC errors is a DLM intervention which steps up the bits used for correction.

Hopefully this at least gives me an idea if BT "fixes something". If you look, the DSLAM is doing exactly what it should - as soon as errors/min exceeds 12 or so, the line gets punted downwards.

errors.png

Dibblah
Rising Star

So, when Monday rolls around, we'd just better hope that they happen to be in a "erroring" time, otherwise no fault found, job done, closed.

Damn you, intermittent faults.

errors.png

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Would be useful to see that data plotted 00:00-23:59:59 day on day to discern if there are regular time based disturbances.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dibblah
Rising Star

Good idea! Attached.

errors-1.pngerrors-2.pngerrors-3.pngerrors-4.pngerrors-5.png

Dibblah
Rising Star

Looks like there's a moderately consistent peak or dip (change) around 12-2pm. I think the time axis is slightly off here - not sure which way without applying some thought.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Dibblah,

I'm sorry that this issue is still ongoing and for the inconvenience that this has caused.

Our suppliers requested a detailed report from the local operations manager yesterday but they have been advised that he is now on leave. In the meantime they have requested his covering engineer provide the information. We're due a further update tomorrow and will be in touch once we've recieved this.

Sorry that we've not been able to get a more constructive update today for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Following @EmilyD's response, our suppliers chased this up with Openreach a few hours ago, advising that they've escalated this matter to senior management by e-mail and left them a voicemail message too on their phone.

At the moment, we don't have a constructive update yet but we should know more tomorrow.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

This morning the DSO team updated our suppliers to advise that the operations manager has asked a senior engineer to discuss this further with a head coach this week, because despite the extensive work carried out by their engineers there's still major issues present on the line. I've been advised we should expect a next update on Friday.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet