cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most engineers ever involved? DSL speed issues progressed to line disconnection - Still not solved!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Most engineers ever involved? DSL speed issues progressed to line disconnection - Still not solv

Yeah it's banded at 576kbps - 1mbps. I received an update from the escalation owner not along ago advising they've not heard from the DSO yet so they've fired off another email to chase them up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dibblah
Rising Star

Re: Most engineers ever involved? DSL speed issues progressed to line disconnection - Still not solv

Another week, another set of broken BTOR promises. Can we please with urgency request the contact details they said they would provide at the beginning of last week. Any status update would also be great.

Cheers,

Allan.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Allan.
Yesterday I received the following from Wholesale, which judging from the response by the DSO they looked to have sent it over the weekend:

“DSO team informed that: I'm really sorry for the delays coming back to you. I had some unexpected time off work at the end of the week. I've contacted the coach about this again and will follow up on Monday morning. We're really limited with our assistance at this time as the third party need to support. With no success trying to get their support directly, the customer has contacted them and raised an incident report with them as a customer, which is what we're waiting on now. I will speak further with the coach and get him to speak with the customer again.”

So far we’ve not received another update yet but the Wholesale escalation owner is due to update us again this afternoon so they’ll chase this up again with the DSO if they haven’t heard back.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Hi Allan,

Does the above response imply that you have made direct contact with the power distribution company?  If not, I recommend that you do … in my experience it was very productive taking that interface into my own control.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dibblah
Rising Star

Yes, it does imply (or in fact directly state) that.

However, it is not true. BTOR explicitly said they would supply us with a contact number WHICH THEY HAVE NOT DONE.

So, there has been NO contact from our side and definitely no communication towards BTOR which would suggest there was.

Is there any way we can URGENTLY GET THE NUMBER TO CALL, please.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've made our suppliers aware of this to pass onto the DSO.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Allan,

In my case I just phoned the “there’s a problem with my electricity supply” number, spoke to them ... who were only too keen to record a “complaint”. SPN (Scottish Power Networks) were simply brilliant.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

OK so a bit of back and forth between a wholesale manager and myself last night, they agree that there appears to be some miscommunication between yourself and Openreach.

They're contacting the DSO today and I'll update you when I know more.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dibblah
Rising Star

Hi,

It's been two weeks since the last update. When is the next communication expected?

Last night, we stupidly tried to stream something on an Amazon FireTV. It didn't even successfully notify us that there was insufficient bandwidth - because there wasn't enough bandwidth for it to check. The line had dropped down to a negotiated 900kbits.... Even decreasing the SNR margin offset made little difference.

Last update from BTOR from our side was that they had been successful in engaging the power network company, shown them the fault and that it would need a HV qualified linesman to investigate.

Cheers,

Allan.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi Allan,

I'm sorry that you've not received a recent update on this fault. I've had a look into this for you now and have got the latest update. As this is account specific information, I've added this to the fault ticket on your account - you can view this here.

Sorry for the length of time that this issue is taking to resolve and for the inconvenience that it's causing you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Dibblah
Rising Star

Can you pass this through verbatim to whomever made the following statement:
"We are currently in a position where the customer has raised the issue directly with Scottish Power after our chief coach and engineering team proved that there was no fault with the Openreach network"

"THIS IS NOT TRUE. We have asked on multiple occasions to be supplied with any references which BTOR has to this fault with Scottish Power as well as CONTACT DETAILS for Scottish power regarding this matter. BTOR HAS PROMISED ON ALL BUT THE LAST OCCASION TO SUPPLY THIS DETAIL and has not. On the last occasion, BTOR finally got SP out - we had NO involvement. Once again, can we request:
1. Contact details for the person / persons dealing with this issue.
2. Any references needed to discuss this issue (grid ref of faulty equipment OR reference number for the faulty device."

As from my request 3 weeks ago - after which SP came out:

"Yes, it does imply (or in fact directly state) that.

However, it is not true. BTOR explicitly said they would supply us with a contact number WHICH THEY HAVE NOT DONE.

So, there has been NO contact from our side and definitely no communication towards BTOR which would suggest there was.

Is there any way we can URGENTLY GET THE NUMBER TO CALL, please."

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've passed your comments word for word to our suppliers escalation team.

Following my last response on the ticket on your account, the DSO have closed the case because they believe that they can't add anything of further value, however I've requested our suppliers to ask them to re-open it.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Allan,

Try https://www.spenergynetworks.co.uk/pages/customer_support.aspx

If you are in Merseyside / Cheshire, I can advise from personal experience that these guys are great.  BTOR messed me around for many weeks claiming that they were waiting on a response from SPEN.  When I made direct contact, I was advised that there was no such request in place.  SPEN therefore "adopted" the issue as a consumer "complaint" and promptly sorted the issue without further reference to / waiting on BTOR.

Hope that helps.

Dibblah
Rising Star

Another day, another opportunity to communicate with Plusnet. Or so I thought, until I find that the ticketing system now seems to not be accessible...

However. Errors and corrected errors improved drastically, then BT must have done something to reduce the loop loss.

It now seems like DLM is punishing us for our temerity - it would appear to have reduced the SNRm to around 3db which is causing line drops very regularly.

Help?

lsg-0.png

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The ticket system is still there, it just looks like the link isn't visible from your account anymore.

Here's a link to view/reply to your open/closed tickets: https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search and here's a more direct link to your open ticket: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=169866124

That said it looks like you've replied to the ticket. I'll pick it up in a sec once I've tested your line.

[edit]

I've amended the SNR target to 6dB and asked our suppliers to hard set it at that level. Will keep an eye on this.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet