cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most Rubbish broadband in london

muhammadbutt

Most Rubbish broadband in london

Plus net is one of the most rubbish broadband in my whole life. I have tried sky, ee, talk talk but this is the worse of all. Incoming and outgoing bytes stop coming in and going out after every 15 to 20 minutes intervals. You can not see any video cannot play a small game and you have to wait for hours for a website to upload. Its been almost 2 months i am with plus net i have tried all 13 wifi channels change using their proxy all wires whatever i can do i have done all but problem is not on my side its thier [-Censored-]ing pathetic broadband speed which is very slow. Only late night after 1 a.m till 5 a.m just for 4 hours i am getting between 50 to 100 kb/s and the whole day there is no speed. I cannot open anything. Forget about more than 1 device you cannot use internet on a single device. I have consumed all my mobile 5 gb data coz i cannot see my facebook on plus net there are no signal at all.my kids start screaming when youtube cartoon video doesn't upload for hours. I recomend everyone to think 1000 times before joining plus net. They are [-Censored-].They are robbing me. My guaranteed down load speed was 1 to 3 mb/s and upload minimum speed was .50 mb/s due to bt lines but what i am getting in rerurn please see the screen shots below. With ee i was getting between 1mb/s to 4 mb/s. I make a big mistake after watching plus net add that they are best internet provider and they got award last year . What kind of award was that now i know the award was how to [-Censored-] the general public...i have talk to technical team next day they tell me to do chennal change do this do that nothing else. I do not know how to get rid of this [-Censored-] connection now coz they r not providing me minimum guranteed speed and charging me full amount from my bank account for providing me nothing. I am in deep trouble in hot water...help required. Can i make a claim against this [-Censored-] company or how can i change my network provider now they are [-Censored-]...

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Inappropriate language removed as per Forum rules.

6 REPLIES 6
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Most Rubbish broadband in london

EE was probably an LLU supplier so don't use the Openreach network as PN do; should have done some more research
perhaps. Try some self help on links below.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're having speed issues.

I've tested your line and I can see your router is in sync to the exchange at a stable speed of 3mbps.

I'd recommend firstly testing using a wired connection and if your speed is on target there, then it's very likely the problem lies with the wireless connectivity between your router and your devices.

We've recently created a new guide that explains how WiFi works:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Blogs/How-to-boost-your-wi-fi/ba-p/1450193

If changing the WiFi channels don't help, it may be worth looking into purchasing a WiFi booster, a more powerful router, or ideally a powerline adapter so you can use a wired connection through the electricity wiring of your property.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
muhammadbutt

Hi Anoush
I have sent you 2 emails with screen shots proofs pls go through my emails and i am waiting for your reply. Now sending you further proofs so pls see the attachments. My internet was working fine in the last hour and now suddenly what happens i have no idea...suddenly signals drops to zero and then no siglans for 5 to 10 minutes. after 30 to 60 minutes intervals signals drop to zero from the day 1st. I am sick of this net. Where is my minimum guranteed speed? Pls see the screen shots and decide i have already sent you a lot of screen shots taken from my laptop using ethernat cable from speedtest.net now these screen shots just taken from my mobile and there is no device connected to the router at this time. Speed was ok in last 60 minutes but now what happened i have no idea so pls see the screen shots.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi,

Any chance of trying a wired connection? That'll tell us if the issue lies with your WiFi connectivity or not.

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Gandalf wrote:

We've recently created a new guide that explains how WiFi works:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Blogs/How-to-boost-your-wi-fi/ba-p/1450193

"How to boost your wi-fi

How do I know which channel to pick?
It's either a case of trial and error, or you can use a pre-built program in both Windows and Mac computers that can help you determine which channels are most used.
..."

Any chance of clarifying the above sentence? Is it intended to mean: "...you can use one of a number of publicly available application programs, for either the Mac OS or the Windows OS..."?

Because, to me, it confusingly reads as: "Mac and Windows computers have built in programs you can use...".

Which, if true, I am unaware of. And it may read that way to other users.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@pvmb wrote:

It's either a case of trial and error, or you can use a pre-built program in both Windows and Mac computers that can help you determine which channels are most used.
..."

Any chance of clarifying the above sentence? Is it intended to mean: "...you can use one of a number of publicly available application programs, for either the Mac OS or the Windows OS..."?

Because, to me, it confusingly reads as: "Mac and Windows computers have built in programs you can use...".

Which, if true, I am unaware of. And it may read that way to other users.

Thanks for flagging this up, it's on my radar already.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet