cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More BT Wholesale connection issues.

amcclean
Rising Star

More BT Wholesale connection issues.

Came home to find my line connected Green adsl light but no net. Checked status and apparently there was yet another Wholesale BT outage. My code was not supposedly affected but the issue and symptoms are the same as those from the large scale Scotland wide drops at the end of last year.
Why does the BT Wholesale system fail so frequently. is the net not supposed to be resilient and divert around issues.
podman
7 REPLIES 7
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: More BT Wholesale connection issues.

Hi podman,
I do see your area code on the exchange checker for yesterday but as for why it happens, lord knows. I suppose when you think of all the processes and all the equipment it takes to actually make the internet work for so many people at once it's not surprising something occasionally goes wrong. I'm not sure if it will ever be a perfect science.
Jojo Smiley
amcclean
Rising Star

Hi,
came home earlier today and again sync'd to exchange but no net connection. Are you able at pn to tell if i have a net connection or are you only able to determine if i am sync'd?
If you can see see the drop in net connection could you advise of the times this has happened.
also you mentined you see my area code on the exchange checker for yesterday was this regrding connection drops etc.
Regards,
podman
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI podman,
we only see the connection when you hit our server so we couldn't tell without further testing whether it was auth or sync dropping. Below are your last 7 days connection logs.

Jojo Smiley
amcclean
Rising Star

Hi Jo,
thanks for the info. it is interesting to see that yesterday we were apparntely connected. Our line was sync'd but we had no internet until I rebooted just after 5pm.
today we appears to have lost connection again with line still remaining sync'd but no net at the time of the gap.
also Last friday shows no day time connection. The router is on 24x7 so there should be a connection at all times.
any suggestions.
router in main test socket as always.
podman
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI podman,
Are you saying that you weren't connected when our graph shows you were?
Jojo Smiley
amcclean
Rising Star

The opposite infact the graph shows time when my router was sync'd and green light but no internet.
I am completly unaware of what happened on the Friday to show sucha long break in connection.
Podman
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI podman,
Our connection logs won't show up if you're synced but not authenticated, which I would imagine is the case on Friday. How many times have you had to reboot the router to get your internet back on?
Jojo Smiley