cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly useage when transferring from Unlimited to fibre

katie
Grafter

Monthly useage when transferring from Unlimited to fibre

I just wondered what will happen to my monthly allowance today when I switch from unlimited to fibre which has a 120Gb limit. I checked my account earlier and to my shock, I found that I have already been assessed as using 30GB of the 120GB for this month.
As this is an 18 month contract, I was expecting to get a refund on my unlimited payment, pay a months payment for the new fibre product and start with a full month's allowance.  I have raised a ticket with Plusnet but wondered what I can expect & if any of you guys had the same happen to them?
Katie
4 REPLIES 4
katie
Grafter

Re: Monthly useage when transferring from Unlimited to fibre

I just realised that my useage only goes to the 18th March and is not for a  full month so I disn't really have a quibble about it. I have asked Plusnet to ignore the ticket. I should have woken up and thought it out before I posted.  Embarrassed
Katie
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I would expect your change of account type to occur on your billing date - that is the normal procedure.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
houlton23
Grafter

We ordered FTTC a couple of days ago and there is a closed ticket on our account which confirms that we have an account type change scheduled for the morning of the engineer appointment.
Alex Smiley
katie
Grafter

Thanks for the info jelv. It does seem that the new product  will go from the next billing date. I hadn't realised that.
Alex - we got that closed ticket too and I have had an email today confitming that the fibre product is now current. I'm just awaiting the BT guy now. The letter which came with the modem said I'd get a call from the engineer when they start work on the line & then when he is coming to the house.
Katie