Did you mean: 

Moderators Elections - The Results!

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Moderators Elections - The Results!

Quote from: Strat
Interestingly according to Total Voters: no-one actually voted Crazy

That will be because it is a poll converted over from the old portal forums.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

This is getting too confusing. I just posted this - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,73977.msg587248.html#msg587248
in response to jelv's other post about voting numbers etc.
Can't we have these old threads locked now in preference to this one, perhaps with links back to the others so anyone who's interested can look back and read anything they missed or want to check?
glyndev
Grafter

Just curiosity here, and would be information for new and infrequent users.
How many Forum Moderators are there at the present time ?. and who is a moderator?
Would be an ideal subject for a sticky posting at the top of this list by a NEW "Forums Moderator Team" user. And to be kept up to date by that same user.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You mean like here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html
The forums are moderated by customers, namely;  Daniel (assos), Roger (Chemical Brother), Barry Zubel (Barry), Jim (Oldjim) Adie (Adiewoo) and Jan (Samuria). The moderators are not paid and volunteer their time freely. They do not get any special insight into what Plusnet are doing or when your ticket is going to be answered.
zubel
Community Veteran

Moderators Note
Discussion on the voting occurred in this thread which was split off when voting ended.
B.
Spider
Grafter

Because the other thread is now locked I thought it was best to post my suggestion again here to keep everything together.
[quote=Spider]Here are my thoughts on Moderator Elections.
I realise that the voting system came in due to 'elitist accusations' in the past and therefore to do away with voting entirely would be a back step. Now my suggestion is that you are able to vote for none to all the candidates in any one election. A candidate 'wins' is moderating status if he manages to get at least 20 votes (i.e. 20% of the votes of 100 people - see below). Appointment of those elected would be done on a rolling programme so each person as an ample opportunity to train. I would suggest a time limit off a maximum of one month between the end of voting to training commencing (exception being down to the candidates personal circumstances).
88 people chose to vote in this election and 58 people voted in the 'Have you voted' thread. Looking at both sets of results, 17 people did not vote so that meant a potential voting pool in the moderators election 105 people.  50% of the people who voted felt that the current system adequate and did not give an indication of possible change. 37.5% felt that the system should be changed to allow more candidates to be elected per election. With 8.6% not caring less. What would be interesting is how many individuals actually read the two threads but decided not to vote.
itsme
Grafter

Not all moderators are elected. There is an unelected PUG moderator, moderating threads in Community Support. So why do these forums have elections why not appoint more PUG members to do the moderating?
James
Grafter

Because PUG members do not run the community.
They are an independant Usergroup whereas the "Community" choose the Moderators for this site.
itsme
Grafter

Therefore explain this thread which I saw moderated by a PUG member when it was still in Community Support before being merged and moved. Also unlike other threads that are moved there is no record that it was in Community Support,
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I suspect you are referring to the topic posted in a forum under Usergroup Discussion which the OP had cross posted in to Community Support. The forums under Usergroup Discussion are also moderated by members of the usergroup. The two topics have been merged and I think there's been a bit of moving about as well (I lost track of it) - but it is now back in the Usergroup area. I saw the topic with the moderation by David in the Usergroup area before the two topics were merged.
The Usergroup members have no moderating rights outside of the Usergroup forums.
Edit: You made your latest post while I was typing this post - you have confirmed that it was the topic I suspected. I can assure you that there is nothing fishy going on. Just that Jim's actions resulted in the post with David's prior actions being temporarily moved in to the Community Support forum.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jmd
Grafter

Anyway, congrats to Adiewoo and Samuria for getting into the "hot seats" now, andf hopefully the others will soon get involved too.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: jelv
Edit: You made your latest post while I was typing this post - you have confirmed that it was the topic I suspected. I can assure you that there is nothing fishy going on. Just that Jim's actions resulted in the post with David's prior actions being temporarily moved in to the Community Support forum.
To explain - when I merged the two topics I merged them in the wrong place  Embarrassed so then I corrected it
Not applicable

Happy to have our two new moderators - I am sure that they will be useful additions to the current team. Well done both of you and thank you for volunteering your time and for making sure that we all behave ourselves.
chillypenguin
Grafter

Did anyone tell the new moderators that they have enlisted on an 18 month contract  Wink
scootie
Grafter

congrats adiewoo and samuria. wellcome to the white house. just call if you need a body gaurd   Cool in this troubled upcoming 18 months. Grin