cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderator Elections

geewizz
Grafter

Re: Moderator Elections

I expected to see some discussion on my suggestion but it appears that nobody has any opinion to offer. Can I assume that nobody has any objections to it, or is it more likely that nobody read it?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

You vill moderate ze forums.
Hardly very democratic Wink
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
geewizz
Grafter

I appreciate it's not an easy post to understand but it does suggest that the accounts would be made so that the person has the opportunity to volunteer to moderate the forums. There would be no obligation for the moderating tools to be used by that person, a concept that is in direct contradiction of your apparent interpretation of it.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

It's certainly worth consideration but I would perhaps add the option for the addressee to accept or decline the offer before going to the trouble of modifying the accounts.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Worth further consideration.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
glyndev
Grafter

On Tuesday Chemical Brothers said that in the first 5 days since asking for volunteers you had only received 1 response.
Out of curiosity I was wondering how many others had put their names forward since then ?.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

patience - all will be revealed soon  Grin
glyndev
Grafter

fair nuff
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Looking at the first post in this topic the deadline for STEP1 has passed so presumably we have moved on to the highly secret STEP 2. Can anyone tell me what that is?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Shhhhh... they will have to kill you if they tell you Wink
chillypenguin
Grafter

Quote from: Barry
The moderators will then assess that the candidates fit into the following criteria -
1. Must have been a customer of one of the PlusNet brands (PlusNet, FORCE9, Free-Online, Metronet or MAAF) for at least 6 months and currently be using a paid account from one of these brands.
2. Must be a regular poster on the forums. (There is no minimum post requirement, as we expect regular contributors to be most likely to be candidates.)
3.Can not have been banned or warned for forum conduct in the last three months.
4. And review the candidates previous posts to assess their suitability as moderators.
If the candidate does not fit within this criteria the moderators will inform them by PM.
geewizz
Grafter

That's just a direct quote from the first post and adds nothing useful to the thread, chillypenguin.
Incase you haven't noticed, the post lists Step 1, Step 3 and Step 4 but no Step 2.
Lurker
Grafter

I think the point he is making is that his quote above is step 2, and its just the title missing from the first post. Wink
geewizz
Grafter

.. and from his.
Thanks for providing the interpretation, James. Smiley
Lurker
Grafter

I'm only guessing mind, I could be wrong, the mind reading abilities tend to get disrupted by inclement weather.