cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed engineer visits and incomplete setup

andres

Missed engineer visits and incomplete setup

Hi all,
after reading about the (good) user experiences in the forums, back in October I signed up for the fibre broadband service. The process has not been very smooth so far.
-First appointment, the engineer doesn't show up
-Second appointment, the engineer comes, sets the broadband but leaves a problem with the telephone extension
-Once I realise it (he tested only the main socket, where no phone is attached), I started enquiring with PlusNet's support team. They have been very helpful, but up to now they have booked 3 further appointments with an engineer, and the engineer hasn't showed up yet (that's 5 appointments up to now).
I have now booked a further appointment (6th appointment!) - but I am not happy with having been for several months with an incomplete installation and with having to lose at least 6 half days at work when it should have taken one.
I have asked for a refund of the line rental fee for the past months but I did not receive any answer on the request.
The next step I guess is the ADR scheme - but I would like to see if there is someone else that can look at this before I move this forward.
   Andres

PS: note for PlusNet staff - my id is baravalle
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Missed engineer visits and incomplete setup

OpenReach should pay Plusnet £45 for each missed appointment - see http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefings/generalbriefings/generalbriefingsarticles/gen...
That should set your level of expectation regarding compensation.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Kevin
Rising Star

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
Also covers missed appointments.....
Kevin.
andres

Hi jelv, hi Kevin,
thanks for your links, they were very helpful.
I have now drafted a letter based on your suggestions. I'll wait till tomorrow to see if anyone from PlusNet answers and then I'll post the letter.
If is interesting how I have to compensate PlusNet if I am not at home at the time of the booked appointment, but no compensation has been offered for all their missed appointments.
Best,
    Andres