Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miss-selling of the Value product

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Miss-selling of the Value product

If you click Read more info for Plusnet Value on http://www.plus.net/?home=hometop you get a page with the major features of the product. Although "Use Peer-to-Peer or Binary USENET to share files?" has a question mark at the end, it also has a green tick exactly the same as all the other features. As you know, if you follow the link speeds on Value for these protocols are dire at peak times.
Do you think this page is misleading?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
4 REPLIES 4
scootie
Grafter

Re: Miss-selling of the Value product

i think there is still a fair few things that could be improved on during the sign up process for all three packages. the one you point jelv is one of many that could do with being made clearer
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It's the big green tick that bothers me, if that was also a question mark it would be much better.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

It's an iffy one you <i>can <b>just</b></i> use usenet/p2p so it can have a tick, where as some isp's totally block access to them. It is <i>slightly</i> misleading, but does have a link showing the expected speeds so you are not in the dark, but again most people only look at the headline cost not what you get with it,
godsell4
Rising Star

Tricky one, I think the text does not outright state p2p/usenet is going to be throttled on Value.
Though the same text also appear if you click on Read For More Info for PN Unlimited too. Sad
Or actually just change the icon from a green tick to an innocuous purple blob to remove the implication the green tick has for some readers.
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed