cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration clarification

Soapy
Grafter

Migration clarification

I am a bit confused about the process of migrating to another ISP, therefore I have some questions.
When I request the MAC code do I also have to give the 30 days notice of cancellation?
or
Does a 30 day notice period automatically start when I request the MAC, but only coming into force if I actually migrate?
When I move, will my account automatically downgrade to a dial up account, allowing me to keep using plusnet email? Or do I have to specifically ask for that?

Stephen.
3 REPLIES 3
chino
Grafter

Re: Migration clarification

The 30 days start from the date the migration key has been requested though if the migration does not complete the account remains active.
The account by default is downgraded to a free account to allow you email access, though if you request to close your account rather than migrate it will be closed.
I hope this helps.
Soapy
Grafter

So I do not have to specifically give the 30 days notice of moving, it is implied by the request of the MAC key, but expires if nothing happens.
prichardson
Grafter

In a nutshell, yes.
Full and complete details of the process we follow, is documented in the following policy document.
http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml