Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from O2 - fault on line

DaveG
Grafter

Migrating from O2 - fault on line

Hi everyone.
I will be joining Plusnet fibre next Wednesday (hopefully!!) but I have an intermittent fault on my line which causes the router to constantly re-sync.
Openreach have already been out and spent ages swapping pairs to the cabinet but the problem persists.
It can be ok for days on end but when it occurs it makes the broadband totally useless.
My current provider, O2, have confirmed the fault but they say as I am in the process of migrating they are unable to raise a fault again with Openreach.
Can anyone confirm this is correct or are they just fobbing me of as I am moving away.
One saving grace could be that after the work that has already been done the fault is between the cabinet and the exchange so would not affect the fibre connection.
Thanks,
Dave
3 REPLIES 3
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Migrating from O2 - fault on line

Hi DaveG,
To be honest, as they are your provider it is completely up to them. If there is an order showing on their systems that you are moving away from them there may be very little they can do.
If you have any problems with your connection once you've moved over to ourselves, please do let me know and I'd be more than happy to take a look at things for you Smiley
DaveG
Grafter

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the very prompt reply.
As I said I am hoping that the fault is further towards the exchange so will not be a problem.
I have been lurking around this forum for a while before joining and was always encouraged by the way Plusnet staff take part and assist users.
Thanks again for the response.
If I have any problems next Wednesday after migrating I'll get back to you.
Dave
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Thank you for that, we do try and help everyone as much as we can Smiley
You make a very good point with regards to the location of the fault, hopefully, as you will be on FTTC you should bypass the fault.
Fingers crossed, but as I say, if there is anything at all we can help with, let us know Smiley