cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrated from BT but...

rscott
Hooked

Migrated from BT but...

I've just migrated a line from BT Broadband to Plusnet (well, John Lewis Broadband..) and for some reason, PN have decided to change it from ADSL2+ to ADSL . That's more than halved the upload speed.

Any reason why they'd do it and are they likely to move it back if I ask nicely (I've already got a ticket in).

10 REPLIES 10
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Migrated from BT but...

As presumably you don't suffer the horrendous phone waits PN customer suffer, why not phone in & ask?
Does JL BB have a forum incidentally?
rscott
Hooked

JL BB doesn't have a forum (they're just another PN brand). They directed me to the PN website in the ticket replies.

I was more wondering why they'd use ADSL1 for any customers still.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

I recall that if an exchange is upgraded to ADSL2, (as mine was) you would have to specifically ask to be migrated on to it; perhaps there's some financial penalty to PN.

And it appears though not a direct PN customer, you do have ability to post on the PN forums too.

rscott
Hooked

Yeah - the line was upgraded a couple of years ago . BT Retail did it without any issues.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

And it appears though not a direct PN customer, you do have ability to post on the PN forums too.

Anyone can register and post on the forums.

We should be placing orders on ADSL2+, it may be that if the order was placed manually it was selected wrong. Have you spoken to John Lewis support and had this looked in to?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
rscott
Hooked

I raised a ticket yesterday morning about it - no response yet.

It's not gone well so far... Order placed, but didn't include the Anytime call bundle and that can't be changed online or via ticket apparently. Bit of a pain when you don't have easy phone access during the day.

ADSL was supposed to be migrated on the 5th but didn't happen until I phoned Monday and they chased it up.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

PN have decided to change it from ADSL2+ to ADSL . That's more than halved the upload speed.

We should be placing orders on ADSL2+

I suspect it has been placed on ADSL2+ but with the upload capped at 448k. For some reason PN seem to do this quite often.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rscott
Hooked

Why would they cap the upload sync speed?
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Nobody knows why, but they do!

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

The reason this can happen in error is the default selected options when ordering ADSL2+ broadband from BT Wholesale include 448kb upload speed, this needs manually switching to "uncapped" which unfortunately in some cases is missed. 

However if this is the case it's a simple fix to modify the line to change that to uncapped Smiley