cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miffed and confused

JPN
Rising Star

Miffed and confused

Signed up for unlimited fibre last week, after looking around for some time and hearing good things about PN.  Delighted to be able to put 24th am slot as preferred installation, as my current service is capped, and all the older children are home for Christmas and I'm expecting heavy usage.  Received an email repeating the 24th a.m. as the date.
Earlier this week I got an email to say there was a problem with the DD instruction. Tried the phone contact number but that was saying 30odd mins, and didn't have the time to hang on.  Went to the online help, and then found not only a notice about the DD but also another note talking about installation on 31st.  I'd never have seen this if I'd not logged in.  I knew about the DD problem 'cause it emailed me directly.
So having told the wife and kiddies that Fr Christmas would bring the Fibre on Christmas Eve, it won't now be in until they've left. 
Why couldn't the system email on the Friday, when the change of date seems to have happened (very shortly after the other email saying it was the 24th)?
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Miffed and confused

I'm really sorry for any confusion here.
The date of the 24th was based on the preferred dates you submitted when signing up. Unfortunately as we place fibre orders manually, we're not always able to book those dates hence it being arranged for the 31st.
Apologies again for the miscommunication and the obvious disappointment, I'm going to arrange a gesture of good will for you and will update ticket 78747686  with the details shortly.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JPN
Rising Star

Re: Miffed and confused

Thanks for that.  I'd appreciated that selecting the date offered was only a request, but when the email came back with the date I was happy, and impressed.  Problem was not that the date had to be changed, but that there wasn't a followup email to say so. Still, now we know what's what.
Thanks for clearing it up, and the gesture's much appreciated.
I really like the way that all the detailed support info is shown in the help ticket area (once I'd worked out where it was). It's very helpful.
Looking forward to installation day.