Did you mean: 

Mid Afternoon Dropouts

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Mid Afternoon Dropouts

@CRT,
It looks like the US has been capped, probably when the interleaving was switched on.  Would this be an intentional action or an oversight to set the (by default capped) US correctly?
We are aware of capping slipping in on manual provisions, this might be another source of uncapped lines unintentionally becoming capped.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

got routerstats set up (I think) in line with link in post 69 but some of the configuration was a bit unclear. I couldn't see how do configure individual graphs. Anyway, hopefully this is what you are looking for? If so will leave it running
engineer due thurs afternoon - starting to empty bookcase!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Jon,
It is a good start.  What happened at 19:10?
Which bits have yo not been able to follow?  Right click this graph in RouterStats and tick overlay Rx synch please.
Note RS can sleep on the job - that zero line is likely to be lost messages (known bug) and can happen several times a day or never in a month.  If you look at the SUMMARY tab you will most likely seen tone bins data.  Just click the black stop button followed by the green start button.
I set up an alarm to sound is synch falls to zero.  Helps to cover the false disconnects.
Kevi

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

no idea what happened at 19.10
I have been having big problems keeping my PC connected to the router since the f/w upgrade. The connection keeps grinding to a halt. It isn't the internet connection as other devices seem fine and the router status doesn't look untoward. I am updating the wirelsss driver in case thats an issue and will try again.
Have already got Rx sync overlaid after I saw your examples
I do keep getting the drop to zero with no associated problems showing in the router so will try stop/start and set an alarm
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

It might be worth while setting the router to a fixed channel to see if that makes any difference.  I have seen devices (printers) not follow channel changes when the router is on auto channel.

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Towman
had already done that due to previous experiences with these routers and connectivity issues. I still can't say I'm happy with it. Slow connections to some wireless devices and won't even give an IP address to my PVR so it won't act as a renderer to play the kids films which is not going down well. I will be glad to replace it but as long as it is performing useful diagnostic functions I will put up with it. Anyway, that's an aside, priority is to sort ADSL line and thanks for continuing to help with this.
Routerstats running ok this morning so far.
Jon
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Jon,
An aside - PVR - have you looked at the router's client list?
I have seen issues like this with a Vista PC.  In circumstances I do not have a clear profile on it tries to get an IP address and fails to do so.  However, when I check the router's DHCP client list  the device is listed with a new lease / IP address.  It is as though the allocation was not successfully set to / received by the client.  Bouncing the router cures the problem!
Would be interesting to know if you see the same.

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

I could see its mac address with an IP assigned of 0.0.0.0 - the PVR had a connection but failed the IP address test. I have now deleted its entry in the router and will go and play with the PVR in a bit when I get time
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

Tried again with PVR and can't get IP address although it says it is connected to the network. no sign of it in router client list. Reluctant to reboot router whilst have routerstats running for you. Might leave routerstats running all day and play with PVR this evening. worse case scenario can plug chromecast in downstairs for the kids. Although I may have to try a reset of the router soon. something is wrong with my main pc. I keep having to switch between wireless and wired (via homeplug)  as connection keeps bogging down - pages not loading etc. think its got a bit confused with all the network interruptions and changes its been subjected to.
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

Hi Kevin,
got really frustrated with performance on main desktop so factory reset router and stopped routerstats. However, attached is a couple of hours this morning that looks good to me. The two drops were routerstats misbehaving as the connection remained up.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Jon,
Router non-responsiveness - what do the FEC counts look like?  I gave seen TG routers disappear into a world if their own in the face of high FEC counts.  When is BTOR coming?

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

last 20 mins:
Uptime: 0 days, 0:19:21
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.5
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 446 / 11,841
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 3.61 / 25.79
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.6 / 0.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 17.1 / 29.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 31.3 / 6.1
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 674
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
Desktop is behaving so far post router reset. Wirelessly connected using the Intel AC card to referred to in other thread.
I presume running routerstats does not impact on a PC's overall connection?
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

BT coming Thurs pm
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Jon,
I run RS all of the time on my main laptop (do not have a traditional PC) and normally do not notice any issues.  RS can be a bit resource hungry so depending in the PC's spec...
Have a look at task manager.
Kevin

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

ok, New Dell desktop latest gen i7 with 32Gb Ram and running off SSD so hopefully it will cope  Smiley