cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metronet to plusnet transfer

ronlow

Metronet to plusnet transfer

Our account is being transferred from metronet to Plusnet ADSL and we have received requests for a MAC code but have not been issued with one. Do Plusnet handle this internally. Have asked this in Metronet Contact US 5 days ago but so far they have not bothered to reply.
7 REPLIES 7
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Metronet to plusnet transfer

Hi ronlow, leave this with me and I'll make sure it's moved over to Plusnet from the old Metronet account.
I won't be able to finalise this until tomorrow as I'll need to place an order to add the Plusnet realm on to the broadband asset first so you shouldn't lose your broadband connection during the change over.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ronlow

Also note the Plusnet account details appear to show you are trying to take over the phone line rental. This was not as per conversation agreeing the move - ticket 104513944 on Metronet refers.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I honestly have no idea why they confirmed the new account was without phone and then signed it up with phone...
I've made sure to remove the phone component from the new account and can confirm the broadband asset has now been moved across for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ronlow

Does that mean we can change the router login to the plusnet details now ?
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Both realms are provided, so you can change whenever you are ready. Any problems, you can switch back.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
ronlow

At 11:49 you advised you had removed the phone rental from the order but at 12:29 we were sent an email confirming phone transfer date as 11/6. Are you absolutely certain there is not a transfer order in the pipeline to BT.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Really sorry about that Ron, I'm not sure how that happened.
I removed the phone component at 11:15 and this shows on the account history here, here and here ... Automation somehow went ahead and placed an order for phone at 12:04, despite there being nothing on the account to trigger this  Shocked
I've now cancelled the order that was placed and I believe another service notice has been sent through confirming the order has been cancelled.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet