cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Plusnet IP profile on Essentials Fibre?

grahamt
Rising Star

Maximum Plusnet IP profile on Essentials Fibre?

I'd just like to check what is the maximum Plusnet IP profile on the Essentials Fibre package: is it 37mb or 40mb?
In 2011 I started on the 40/2 FTTC package. Later I went on the 80/20 trial and by the end of it was getting around 54/14. Unlike most people I opted to go back to what was then called Value Fibre (by then changed to 40/10) and my Plusnet IP profile was adjusted to 40mb. Some months later I switched to the new Essentials Fibre, at which point my Plusnet IP profile changed to 37mb.
I didn't worry - it's fast enough for my needs, and my line's been very stable. However, towards the end of last month I got an estimated line speed again for the first time in ages, and it gives the estimate as 40mb. My Plusnet IP profile is still 37mb. Is this standard - in which case no problem - or is there an IP profile of 40mb (or anything in between) that I could have?
Graham
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Maximum Plusnet IP profile on Essentials Fibre?

40 was wrong - it should be 37 as the IP Profile takes account of the overheads.
When you say it was 40 was that on the Plusnet portal or was it the IP Profile reported when you ran a BT diagnostic speed test?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
grahamt
Rising Star

Thanks, jelv. That's fine, then.
The 40mb I saw was on the Plusnet portal. I can't remember what the BT speedtester said at the time. Possibly 38-point-something.
Graham
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Plusnet should have leave ip profile as the default when order new broadband following later it will change to match bt ip profile in due course:
ADSL - 8Mb
ADSL2+ - 24Mb
FTTC 40/10 - 40Mb
FTTC 80/20 - 80Mb