cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max dowload limits 1gb

dorme

Max dowload limits 1gb

Hi, im not very knowledgable on this stuff, so bear with me.
I have got the basic 9.99 package forom plusnet, with 1gb download limit, which im told on plusnets pages that this is enough for 4hours surfing a day, plenty for me.
But having looked at my usage, i am over 1gb usage already! now, i have had to buy another gb to avoid the said speed problems, but there is no way i have been on the internet surfing over 4 hours a night! its more like 30mins! is there something im missing here?
Any help would be great.
3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: Max dowload limits 1gb

Hi there,
That guideline really is just that, a guideline.  Bear in mind that some webpages can take up a lot more usage than others.
I've had a look at your usage this month and there isn't anything that sends any warning bells.  Maybe it would be an idea to prepay an extra GB of usage (save yourself 25p) on subsequent months.
You could try downloading (yeah, I know) something like DUMeter, which will allow you to keep track of the usage from your computer.
dorme

Yeah, i have added an xtra gb. i understand it is a guideline, but thats quite a difference, 4 hours to 30mins! slightly misleading?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63