Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max Premium sign up

munkimatt
Grafter

Max Premium sign up

Hi all
My Plusnet connection is scheduled to go live on 22/09 and have just come across you Max Premium product which is interesting me greatly. I have two questions before I hit the sign up button.
1.) Can I sign up now, even though my broadband connection is not yet active, so it's ready to go from day 1?
2.) Will it make much difference specifically on my line? My number can be provided on request.
Matt
24 REPLIES 24
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Max Premium sign up

I *suspect* that you will have to wait for the line to be activated before the CSC can place the order for Max Premium.
It should also work on the majority of lines - including fairly long lines, as it uses the lowest bit-tones which are least susceptible to interference.  In fact, I've not personally come across any line that it *wouldn't* work on.
B.
James
Grafter

Yep - Once your line is active, give me a shout and I can sort things out for you.
munkimatt
Grafter

Cheers guys, I'll get right on it!
scootie
Grafter

i got the full 832kbps sync on my 52db attention adsl line and on adsl2 trial i get between 800 and 900kbps sync mostly the top end
munkimatt
Grafter

Of course if you could get my broadband to connect sooner I would actually consider bearing your children  Grin
James
Grafter

I don't think someone with "Matt" in their username's ever said that to me before.
I'll put it down on my list next to turning water into gold 😛
munkimatt
Grafter

What can I say, desperate times and desperate measures and all that!
Just on a slightly related note, how far in advance does equipment get despatched usually?
James
Grafter

Generally we send it out about 24 hours after we place the order, once it's confirmed by BT.
I'll check your account now and send out the hardware if it hasn't already been done.
munkimatt
Grafter

Cheers James.
munkimatt
Grafter

I'm a touch worried about my promise now James, despite having a connection date of the 22nd, it has connected today!  Shocked
I know from previous ISPs there is a certain 'bedding in' period, so I'm wondering if what I'm about to ask is relating to this; I'm currently experiencing a connection of around 2Mbps, however the line speed (as shown by the Member Centre) is 7150. Is this down to bedding in, or does the IP profile need to be reset?
zubel
Community Veteran

Pretty sure it will be the initial BT profile set by the system.  I would leave it a few days to make sure that it's settled correctly.
You can do a BT Speedtester which should notify you which profile BT currently have you on - the PN profile will usually trail that by around 12-24 hours (except it is likely to initially be set at 7150, until they get a 'delta' report from BT)
B.
munkimatt
Grafter

Finally got the Bt Speedtester to work after trying for the weekend! Looks like BT have got me on a 2Mbps profile, hope this gets raised soon back to my normal levels!
James
Grafter

Try rebooting Smiley
munkimatt
Grafter

Oh, I did that last night and it stayed the same...have you had a fiddle with it?  Wink