cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matt Taylor-You confussed me re Stuck Sync speed.

chusan
Dabbler

Matt Taylor-You confussed me re Stuck Sync speed.

I have read Matt's reply to mot re Stuck Sync speed and thought it was the answer to my speed problem.
I changed routers in March this year from the Plusnet  Voyager 2091 (from which I  had a sync speed of  either between 1750 – 2144 kbps for most of the time ) to the Plusnet Thomson 585v7 and although this is far more stable the sync speed never achieved more than 1856 kbps. Hence my max speed from the BT speed test site never moved as the profile was shown as 1500. Even leaving it for over 10 or more days it never reset to a higher sync or IP profile rate.
On reading Matt’s suggestion I tried it out by Thomson Gateway/ Broadband connection /Interenet connection/ Disconnect and then pulled the plug out. Plugged it in again and let the router go through the start up routine only to find the Sync rate had dropped to 1, 664.
Left it for 4 hours and as there was no change  repeated the exercise only to find it has taken a further drop to 1536.
Help. Any suggestions.
Can I keep doing the above in the hope of increasing it back to at least my 1.56 sync.
chusan
2 REPLIES 2
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Matt Taylor-You confussed me re Stuck Sync speed.

Welcome to the Forum
a) dont keep pulling the plug on the router, and dont do it more that 3 times and not close to each other, you will upset BT
B) a what time of day did you do that, it should be after about 8 and before 3 (15:00) as the speed over the internet drops then
chusan
Dabbler

Re: Matt Taylor-You confussed me re Stuck Sync speed.

Hi
Thaks for the reply.
This morning I did it at about 1015 and then this afternoon at about 1500 hrs
Regards
Chusan