cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master socket problem

tompug
Dabbler

Master socket problem

I have a pre 1980's  LJU2 master socket which has seen better days. The slot the micro filter plugs into on the socket  is very loose and drops connection if someone walks by.I have tried a few microfilters and non held in place for long. This is bloody annoying Angry
My questions are, will BT fix this FOC as it's their equipment and do I need to contact plusnet to arrange or go straight to BT?
I have read BT take the mickey mouse charging for replacing master/extension sockets at £169 etc , so I would refuse paying that. The only alternative I read was to fit an extension socket next to the master socket and plug into that. Thus not interfering with BT's equipment.
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Master socket problem

The socket is BT's responsibility and if it is so loose that it causes noise on the line when you use the telephone (a little bit of jiggling as you are talking should make that happen  Roll_eyes ) you should report it as a voice fault. Make sure that you speak to an operator and ask her to record that she can hear the noise - say the problem is intermittent. That way you should be able to get it replaced with a proper master socket FOC.
Do you pay BT or Plusnet for your telephone?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
tompug
Dabbler

plusnet for BB and phone
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I suggest you give them a ring.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)