cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master socket and extension circuits with fibre router

skatzen

Master socket and extension circuits with fibre router

My recent installation involved a techicolor TG582n and a replacement to the existing master socket.  Cone ted tothis master socket is an extension circuit upstairs.  If I connected another master socket to the end of the extension line, can I move the modem upstairs without doing anything to the existing mastersocket?
Smiley
Thanks
Sid K
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Master socket and extension circuits with fibre router

No as the extension upstairs is from the filtered connection on the faceplate and so won't work on broadband
apjashley1
Grafter

Did the Openreach engineer fit that extension when he came to install fibre? i.e. did you ask Plusnet for a "data extension" when you placed the order?
skatzen

No.  I did try plugging in the modem at the extension both with and without a normal ASDL filter.
Sid K
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
It could be that the engineer disconnected the socket when the fibre faceplate was fitted. It should be possible to reconnect it though would be done at your own risk - there's a few on here though that know their way around phone wiring and could help you out there with directions and suggestions.
I suspect you'd be better leaving the router in the master socket and running a length of ethernet cable up to wherever you need the internet? It'd almost certainly run faster that way.