Today 20:10 241 kbps (30.1kB/s) 477 kbps (59.6kB/s) Share
Today 20:01 240 kbps (30kB/s) 549 kbps (68.6kB/s) Share
Today 18:47 240 kbps (30kB/s) 698 kbps (87.3kB/s) Share
Today 17:48 238 kbps (29.8kB/s) 560 kbps (70kB/s) Share
Today 17:45 236 kbps (29.5kB/s) 575 kbps (71.9kB/s) Share
Today 17:40 237 kbps (29.6kB/s) 550 kbps (68.8kB/s) Share
Today 16:45 192 kbps (24kB/s) 219 kbps (27.4kB/s) Share
Saturday 16:36 5895 kbps (737kB/s) 553 kbps (69.1kB/s) Share
Saturday 16:35 5878 kbps (735kB/s) 556 kbps (69.5kB/s)
some one some where has a big problem
my exchange is in Northern Ireland and am showinf a speed of 7500 to the exchange
lexhamilton
Grafter

Re: Massive reduction in download speed, from >7Mbps to <400Kbps

It's strange - showing a high speed to the exchange, yet with very limited downstream speeds.
Not confined to just my connection it would appear.
Hope that the ticket I logged shows some results soon.
Maybe there is a bigger issue and if tickets need to be raised, Plusnet will be able to pinpoint the problem more rapidly.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi lexhamilton,
There are a few people with throughput issues, they are not obviously linked, however. But as you rightly say if tickets are raised which start to point towards a more common problem we would be more able to pinpoint it. As far as your issue goes we will have to wait for now to see what the faults team come up with.
Jojo Smiley
lexhamilton
Grafter

Thanks Jo - after I tested the connection and did my initial troubleshooting, the next logical step was to raise a ticket. 
If Plusnet are not aware of the fault(s) then it's pretty hard to diagnose from anecdotal comment and feedback.  If other people are getting similar throughput issues, then it makes sense to log tickets, just in case there is something occurring that you are unable to see via your reporting systems.
If the profile, line speed and sync all match up, then the fault could be elsewhere - only way to get this resolved is to raise a ticket and make you (PN) officially aware.
I've been told to expect a call from the faults team around noon today, so I'll be keen to hear what they have discovered.
If there is anything that I can share to help other users with similar problems, I'll be sure to post.

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi lexhamilton,
There is a slight backlog on fault updates at the moment but I have had a word with of the guys looking at your kind of fault and it will be looked at today, not necessarily noon though.
Jojo Smiley
lexhamilton
Grafter

Just spoken with your excellent tech support contact, and he advised that as the virtual paths at the exchange are showing as amber which could be the reason for the slowdown in speeds.
He's emailed BT Wholesale (who have a turnaround time of max 72 hrs), so I'm hoping for an update as soon as he gets a response.
Fingers crossed for a speedy resolution.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ah good, glad he called, he said he would. I'm sure he'll keep you updated, just let me know if not and I'll give him a nudge.
Jojo Smiley
lexhamilton
Grafter

So, speeds are still as horribly slow as they have been for the past 6 days - I can't help but wonder if I'd have got my service migrated to BT Business Broadband faster than this issue is being resolved.
I understood from the engineer that BT have to provide a response within 72 hours, but that leaves me (again) unable to work from home tomorrow.
Speeds are if anything even slower tonight.
Everything seems to still check out with PN, but this really is like being back to dial up.  Even ISDN was faster...
lexhamilton
Grafter

lexhamilton
Grafter

one last one before I give up this evening...
lexhamilton
Grafter

lexhamilton
Grafter

Well, the deadline for Plusnet getting a response from BT has come and gone and I'm no nearer to getting the abysmal speed issue dealt with.
With all the tests done so far, they can see that I'm getting a v. low throughput speed, as I have had for over a week now.
It's only when your broadband becomes narrowband that you realise how vital it is.
I just would dearly like someone from PN to prod BT and get me an update and resolution timescale. 
If no joy, I'll have to go back to BT Business Broadband - which given that it takes 5 days to migrate, I could have probably done this already...
lexhamilton
Grafter

Surprise surprise - all of a sudden speed has suddenly jumped up to a much more reasonable rate.
Fingers crossed that it stays like this from now on...
lexhamilton
Grafter