cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive peak times speed drops in the evenings

Mantaray
Grafter

Massive peak times speed drops in the evenings

Recently I have noticed that my speeds in early evenings plummet.  I have been enjoying speeds of 65-76mb over wireless as the FTTC box is outside my flat.
Noticed that this is dropping and achieved an all time shocker of 15mb a couple of nights ago.  Waited until 11.30pm ish speeds back to 60mb ish.
Speeds measured over wireless (dual band 5Ghz range no in the vicinity uses this, so no interference) and ethernet.  Rebooted router etc.  BT wholesale tester, think broadband and speedtester all showing the same thing.
Raised a fault query on monday night with absolutely no response  #74575908.
Just wondering when Plusnet would get around to answering or 'Making a Stand'.
7 REPLIES 7
Mantaray
Grafter

Re: Massive peak times speed drops in the evenings

Had a response this morning and funnily enough no issue was found at 9am on Saturday morning, off-peak.  I was also told as the speed gets better after 11pm that's ok.
so to test peak down load problems you test off-peak and because my speed increases outside of peak times there are no problems - seriously???
Mantaray
Grafter

Just to update, my line is stable and has no errors, but BT won't check for congestion unless my speed drops below 12mbps.
Tonight it's registering 20.66mbps compared to 73mbps yesterday.  So although my system shows a 72% drop in speed, this isn't enough to warrant a proper investigation.
Shame on BT.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there and sorry for the late reply from us!
I've just looked over the account and I'm unable to see any obvious issues, however a 72% drop in speed concerns me so I feel it best that we get a second opinion on this for you.
Bear with us as the ticket is back with the faults team and there should be another response soon.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
SuperZoom
Grafter

I must say that, whilst BT do try to rely on rubbish like that, PlusNet themselves are very good about it and generally take dramatic drops in throughput seriously even though they know that BT will push back when they try to raise it.
Mantaray
Grafter

I hope so, but in the escalated response I was told that they couldn't do anything unless it dropped below 12mbps and that I just have to accept the speed drops.
lotrjw
Grafter

On FTTC we pay about double what ADSL customers get, so we deserve 40Mbps for the lower FTTC product and at least 50Mbps on the unlimited FTTC product at all times! It should be achievable for BTOR so why not?
Mantaray
Grafter

Just to show I'm not making it up!
The difference between 9.44pm and 11.24pm