Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive packet loss

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Massive packet loss

Hi @jab1  John, neither of those is a worry at this stage, the OP mentions they have been with PN for a few weeks - (ordered at the end of August) but had OR out recently - so that may account for the restart. DLM on FTTC on the right cabinet will try to get the line to 3db if it is stable, so for now not too worried.

My guess for now is congestion, hence my questions, it would be easy to over drive the line, and streaming at the same time as game playing would cause the issues described initially. 

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

OK, @Mustrum - I'm outta here.

John
lysy9176
Dabbler

@Mustrum Regarding WiFi calling, that's exactly what I mean. Mobile WiFi calling, as I live where EE has a poor reception they advise me to use it. Not able to, my phone does support it. With watching video, it not so bad. I can watch it without massive interruption, it happen now and then. Not a big issue.

lysy9176
Dabbler

@Mustrum the issue occurs any time of a day and night, with or without additional devices connected to the network.

Mustrum
Community Veteran

@lysy9176  just to be clear, are you on a phone contract with EE, or sim only or PAYG - which phone and was it supplied by EE?

As for the issue any time of the day, is this the gaming problem, or streaming as well?

lysy9176
Dabbler

@Mustrum EE contract, iPhone 12Pro Max, bought outright from Apple, calls all the time and gaming any time. Streaming rarely.

As I've mentioned before ping varies from 34ms to 2000ms or disconnected from server. I do work nights you'll see, so sometimes finishing early, 9 AM, lets have a rift in D3 and on a day I've started topic disconnected within 10 minutes of play, of course I had it before. Just where on the phone to PN where they advised me to use forum as there more ppl capable to help me. One more thing, line was replaced day after August bank holiday only PN acknowledged as from 15 September everything is up and running.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 84

@lysy9176 

It is possible to enable a Hub Two to respond to pings, this will allow Looking Glass to work.

http://192.168.1.254 Home >Advanced Settings >Firewall >Configuration > Incoming ping - change to allow.

Are you see any broadband disconnects Advanced Settings >Technical Log >Event Log - select category WAN. Are there many DSL Link down/up messages through the day?

To check your connection BTW Performance Test https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ make sure you also run "Additional Diagnostics" and share the results. This will display your IP Profile which can be compared to the Hub Two line sync.

The iPhone 12 pro should support wifi calling, does wifi calling work anywhere on your phone?

Although your download speed is fine for streaming your upload speed is low and this could possible cause wifi calling quality issues. 

HTH

lysy9176
Dabbler

@Dan_the_Van @Mustrum 

Looks like there's loots of disconnections. I've tried BT test few times, same error with phone line number.

Mustrum
Community Veteran

@lysy9176   so what is connected to your Lan port 1 those disconnects are over one day, all your other pics are over a much longer period, so less of a concern.

Seems to me you need to look at the wiring/device wire to your Lan 1 port.

lysy9176
Dabbler

@Mustrum Sorry, been away. Yes, probably you right. It's my PC and only one LAN connection. I will investigate this further. I'll try to reinstall drivers, change the port on router to LAN 2, or get laptop connected trough LAN.