cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive latency issues throughout the day [Request for upload cap to be removed]

anindyt
Dabbler

Massive latency issues throughout the day [Request for upload cap to be removed]

Hello. I am having some serious issues with the broadband service. I am on a 16mb line and constantly having problems with the connection dropping or giving latency varying between normal and up to and above 1000. With a number of people within the household who use the internet for online games, this is obviously unacceptable. The line can be normal one minute, and then just flip out and become unusable another minute. Web pages seem to be loading fine and I have tried to use portforwarding to no avail.
Hopefully someone can give me a heads up as to what to do. I have emailed plus net support but have not heard back from them and it has been 3 days since my email.
Current test on BTW Performance:
Download 13.98
Upload 0.22
Latency 299
Uptime: 0 days, 4:30:51
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.5
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 445 / 19.819
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/GB]: 413,76 / 1,99
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 9,6 / 0,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 13,1 / 22,5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 32,8 / 6,0
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 286 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 311
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 2.967
18 REPLIES 18
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Massive latency issues throughout the day

Biggest issue there is likely to be the capped upload. Downstream packets not getting acknowledged in time because of the upload cap will almost certainly display the behaviour you're seeing.
Normally a request for uncapping on the forum will get actioned the same day, but as it's now the weekend, you're unlikely to hear from the DCT before Monday. You could raise a Question, but response times are high just now, so calling up may be the quickest way to deal with it...
anindyt
Dabbler

Thanks for the input. Is there an added cost for this?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

No it's free.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Massive latency issues throughout the day [Request for upload cap to be removed]

Hi Andy,
I'm taking a look now.
Just to let you know that your ticket hasn't yet been replied to as you've raised a Complaint, which take around 5 working days to respond. I'll reply to that ticket and uncap your upload shortly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
anindyt
Dabbler

Re: Massive latency issues throughout the day [Request for upload cap to be removed]

Thank you Chris. Hopefully these issues can be resolved sooner rather than later
anindyt
Dabbler

Hello.
I have been away from the property since this request was put in place. Having returned to the property yesterday, I am experiencing yet again the same issues although possibly to a slightly lesser extent. The problem is still however present and quite frankly I am sick and tired with the service being provided to me.
I expect a higher quality of broadband for the price I am paying and this isn't the first complaint I've made regarding this problem. It has still not been resolved and is yet another complaint to add to the growing list in a very short period of time with Plusnet.
thesawdust
Grafter

has the upload been uncapped? post router stats
are you using wireless or wired.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Andy,
Whilst I understand the frustration, the only ticket we've had about connection issues is the one I replied to early December which has since closed . If you're experiencing problems with your connection you can report this at https://faults.plus.net and we'll test the line and see what's going on.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: thesawdust
are you using wireless or wired.

An answer to this would be good. If you are mainly using wireless, have you checked if you are seeing the same drops on a wired connection?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
anindyt
Dabbler

This is on a wired connection. The problem is obviously also the same on the wireless connection. I have submitted a fault through that link and I have had no response to it.
Link Information
Uptime: 2 days, 16:52:39
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.5
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1.279 / 19.675
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [GB/GB]: 1,99 /
anindyt
Dabbler

Can someone reply to this? I've submitted a fault over a week ago and still heard nothing. Am I going to have to cancel my account for anything to get done?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, I can see you've raised a complaint however it looks like the fault ticket was closed by yourself shortly after it was raised? That's why we've not done anything I'm afraid. If you could run through the wizard again and make sure all the questions get answered we'll get it raised to our supplier for you and get things sorted.
anindyt
Dabbler

The fault is still open on my portal
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Are you sure it's not the complaint that's open and not the fault. You should have two open tickets.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)