cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox password not recognised

garrettfamily

Mailbox password not recognised

Last week I created new mailboxes for family members. I was able to access these mailboxes via Webmail and from my email client (Outlook).
When I try to do the same thing today, I get an error message stating  'Unknown user or password incorrect ' from Webmail. The username and password were definitely entered correctly. Also, outlook cannot receive emails from these mailbox accounts stating 'There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your User Name or Password was rejected.....'. The username and passwords configured in Outlook are definitely the same as the ones used to set up the mailbox.
Interestingly, this is a problem for 3 out of 4 mailboxes. One of them can be accessed successfully.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Mailbox password not recognised

Is the mailbox that works the username one whereas those giving problems are additions?
Have you by any chance forgotten to use username+mailboxname as the login name for those additions?
David
garrettfamily

The mailbox that works is one of the username+mailboxname type. I have 3 others of the same type (with different mailboxnames) and they don't work - but they did when I originally set them up which is what I can't understand.
Yes, I am using the correct username+mailboxname login name on both webmail and outlook.
[My username mailbox also works fine and always has done.]
Thanks for replying.
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

I had this problem myself sometime ago.... You need to raise a fault ticket, nothing you can do will fix this problem.
If it helps them my fault ID was 21933060. Took them 12 days to resolve my issue, perhaps they will be quicker with you.
Dan...
garrettfamily

Dan - thanks for the advice. Have raised a ticket and quoted your fault id.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just tested a couple of your mailboxes and can log in to them without problems. Shout up if the problem carries on for you and I'll have another look.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
garrettfamily

All working fine now. PlusNet support fixed it within a hour of raising the fault ticket  Grin