cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail box administration

Damfoose
Grafter

Mail box administration

I have had a ticket open since the 5th of December as ive had no access to manage my mail boxes. When I do try to access the management page im getting an error which is as follows.
We were unable to complete your requested action. This may be the result of a temporary fault.
Please try again in a few minutes.
Should you require further assistance, please go to our how to get in touch page.
  Please dont tell me to clear my cache as i have exactly the same error with a fresh build of a PC. I have also flushed my proxy cache from my firewall.
This problem I had been having for a while before I raised the ticket on the 5th as i thaught it was an error that was known about but after a phone call it was unknown and only affected my account or so I was told.
  Now im hoping some one from plus net is going to give me a reply to this as ive added comments o my ticked and had no responce for over a week. Yes I know its christmas but the same as plus net staff ive also worked right up to today 24th december.
  Allround the service has generally been very good its just this one little problem that I could really do with having resolved.
10 REPLIES 10
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Mail box administration

Hi there,
It's with our Live Code Support Team. Everything checks out OK with the database entries on your account so it will be the code from the mail API that's causing this.
Unfortunately a fix will require development intervention, and there's a code freeze on at the moment until the new year so P1 problems aside we can't really  make any changes to the live systems.
Apologies for the length of time it's taking to sort this.
If you give me a nudge in the New Year I shall see what I can do.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

pdavidson
Grafter

Have you tried calling support and asking them to make the changes manually for you? As I don't know which bit has gone wrong I can't guarantee that it'll work but perhaps we can change the settings via another means until this is fixed? I suppose that depends on you knowing what it is you want to set though, if you were just going to look around in there then it won't be much help to you.
I'm back in the office on Thursday, PM me if you want to and maybe I can change the settings via our internal systems. I can't do this directly in the database so please don't get your hopes up too high just in case our internal interface has the same problem! I'll certainly be happy to try for you though.
Delmonte

I had the same problem so logged it as a fault. On 22nd December they managed to delete all my mailboxes and couldn't restore them - I have had no email since then!! I think the support guys have all gone home for Christmas - So beware
Delmonte

I raised a ticket and updated it but still no response. I haven't tried calling  - perhaps I'll give that a go -- Thanks
Delmonte

Well - four ticket updates, two phone calls, 13 days and still dont have any email! Does anyone know how to escalate this and get someone to do something?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I followed this up today with the dev team, they have done the work necessary and we just need networks to apply the finishing touches. I'm hoping it should be this PM, if not it will be tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

In fact, I've just checked and your mailboxes are working now, we just need networks to reinstate the mail they backed up which should be tomorrow. You should be able to send/receive fine now though.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Delmonte

Thanks for your help - yes I had mail again from yesterday afternoon. Not sure if I will get any email that was sent over the last couple of weeks though.
I still think this was an unacceptable situation and there doesn't seem to be any mechanism for escalating this within the organisation. Telephoning support didn't seem to get a priority set on the ticket.  I have been with F9 for 6 years and  this is the first real problem I have had!  If this is the level of service that is provided then fingers crossed I don't get any more issues.
Chris
Legend

Hi again,
I've just tried to ring you but you were at work. I'll reply to your ticket instead.
bowden

I to have had the same issue since 20th December, I raised a ticket on the 21st, and was replied to the same day saying yes found the problem, we will fix it.  Its now 4th of Jan and no fix in sight, but again being a long standing customer whats more annoying is that nobody has replied since 24th of December.  I have replied twice to the open tickets in case my ticket "got lost in the system", once on the 30th and once just now, but no replies.