cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasafish being closed in December?

dc1606

Madasafish being closed in December?

Does anyone have any information on the following please? I tried PlusNet chat online but gave up after waiting for an hour for a response!
1. My father-in -law has received an email saying that madasafish accounts are being closed in December and suggesting he switches to PlusNet Is this true or phishing?
2. If it is true, when I switched to PlusNet a few years ago, I was told I could keep my madasafish email. Presumably if 1 above is true the email account will be discontinued. Will I (and my father-in-law)be offered a PlusNet alternative?
Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Madasafish being closed in December?

Hi,
There is a fairly substantial thread on the subject here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,143839.0.html
Adam covers both of your questions (quoted below to save you hunting)
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Hi all,
Please call us on 0800 731 7508 to talk through what's on offer and start your move to Plusnet today. If you use your Madasafish email address, we strongly recommend you contact us as soon as possible, as from 15th December you will no longer be able to use your Madasafish service^.

To clarify this is just coming via email and customers will need to contact us if they wish to retain their phone, broadband and email services with Plusnet.
The original email address can be retained for a cost of £1.69 per month.
dc1606

Many thanks.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

mod:note
locked in favour of existing topic
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'