cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MacBook connection problem

lauraacollins

MacBook connection problem

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help?
I’ve had both my MacBook & the broadband for some time now and had no issues.
I’ve turned my laptop on today and I’m trying to connect to my wifi. I am using the appropriate password and it is saying that it is incorrect.
I am typing in the password as stated, which I use on all of my other devices, but for some reason, my laptop won’t connect today.
I have tried restarting the machine and forgetting the network and doing it that way - but it is constantly saying the password is incorrect when it isn’t. Can anyone help?

Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: MacBook connection problem

Hello @lauraacollins 

Welcomed to the Forums! 

Sorry to hear you are having issues connecting via your Mac - is this happening on any other devices, phones, tablets other laptops etc? 

Have you recently changed your WiFi password at all? 

Could you initially try a reset of the router for me, as if the password has been changed then this will revert it back to the one on the handy card. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks 

MoR

*edited for accidental keystroke removal 

lauraacollins

Hi.

As stated, not having any issues on any other devices. My Apple TV is constantly connected and doesn’t have any issues along with my phone which automatically connects every time I enter the house.

I haven’t changed the password (mainly because I don’t know how). I have reset the router though and still no luck.
Not sure why it is saying the password is incorrect when I am currently typing it.

Thanks
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi Laura,

If the Mac is the only device that you are having issues with, I can only assume that it is an issue with a setting inside the Mac itself. You might be best having a quick chat with Apple and see if they have any further suggestions. If you have forgot the network and cleared the cache, make sure you reboot the laptop between before attempting to reconnect. Aside from this, there isn't much else that we can suggest unfortunately if all other devices are working fine.