cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MacBook Air with Sagecom 2704N 5GHZ

nigel_m

MacBook Air with Sagecom 2704N 5GHZ

I have recently changed from BT to Plusnet and with the BT hub I was able to change from 2GHZ to 5GHZ to make it easier for my Macbook air to connect. Otherwise I have to wait for a few minutes every time I open the laptop.

I can't find out how to do this with the Sagecom 2704N. I have looked in advanced settings and there is a list of channels but I can't see an option to change to 5GHZ. Please could someone tell me how to do this? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: MacBook Air with Sagecom 2704N 5GHZ

The Sagecom 2704N (Hub zero) only has single band 2.4Ghz wireless. Why don't you continue using your BT hub, it can easily be set up to connect to PlusNet, just need to enter your username and password. There are threads on the forum  showing how to do it.

BillyCool
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Ditto what RAM said.

I've just dumped my 2704N as it's just not coping with my 5 devices (don't ask). Also wouldn't connect to my Amazon Firestick. It's a pretty basic router.

Really needed to move to dual band so got at BT HH6 (Business edition) brand new on eBay for £33k and it kicks *ss (I'm a PN customer and it works fine).

This links to the thread on what you need to do to set it up (also applies to earlier editions):

https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/BT-Home-Hub-6-Smart-Hub-on-PlusNet/m-p/1515283#M321420

Let us know how you get on.

nigel_m

Thanks. I will give this a go. The Sagecom is working OK at the moment but if it starts playing up again I will try using the BT hub.