cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac code required please.

mrchalk
Grafter

Mac code required please.

Hi guys, could i have my mac code please.
Cheers  Smiley
9 REPLIES 9
James
Grafter

Re: Mac code required please.

Hi there,
Have you raised a ticket requesting this?
Is this related toi your speed fault that you were talking about earlier?
mrchalk
Grafter

Sorry, no i haven't raised a ticket James, would you be good enough to give me a link to where i can raise a ticket?
Also, yes, it is to do with my speeds. I know there is something wrong somewhere, yes great the speed tester shows great speed but last night (after 12) i was d/l at 1/3 what the speedtester says i get.
Just unhappy with the response from PN & ive been good enough and not moaned, changed routers & done everything i should have & ive even left it for a month.
There is obviously something wrong somewhere (even though fault checker says there isnt)  & while leaving PN probably wont help, i still want out.
Cheers James. LMK if you can give me a link.

EDIT: Ticket raised. Do i have to wait 30 days before i can leave? Would very much appreciate if someone be good enough to explain how this works. Thanks for your help guys Smiley
James
Grafter

Hi,
If you look at the post above yours, Peter has given a link.
I'm more than happy to look into your fault if you would consider staying with us, so please do let me know.
mrchalk
Grafter

Thank you for the offer James, but my mind has been made up.
Do i have to wait 30 days before i migrate?
Mand
Grafter

No, you don't have to wait 30 days to migrate, but you do have to give 30 days notice.
As a general rule of thumb, it's advised to give the MAC to your new provider 7-10 days before the end of the notice period, minimising the amount of time you have to pay both providers.
As James has said, if there is anything any of us can do for you please let us know. We'd be sorry to see you go. Sad
James
Grafter

You can migrate as soon as you have your MAC Key.  The 30 day notice period merely refer to subscription payments.
Sorry to see you go Sad
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: mrchalk
Thank you for the offer James, but my mind has been made up.
Do i have to wait 30 days before i migrate?

You can use mac as soon as you get it but most people try to partially offset the fact that 30 day notice to leave applies (Not just with PlusNet)
By migrating will you just be taking problem with you - when I was with Pipex I saw this happen a few times and people were actually no better off.
mrchalk
Grafter

Thanks for the advice & kind words guys  Smiley
Was just wondering if  someone would please speed along my mac code as i am looking to get this done today, i think this must be the ticket number ID: 22665724. I have requested this since yesterday afternoon & i still havent got it.
As always, im very grateful for everyones help, so would appreciate if i could have the mac code in the next hour or so.
Cheers guys & gals.  Smiley
James
Grafter

Hi,
I've replied to your ticket with your MAC Code.
I would also like to echo previous sentiments that this problem is likely to follow you to your next ISP, unless you sign up with an LLU supplier.
Whilst I did try to call yesterday, I would be more than happy to give you a call at your convenience to have a chat about the Max service and any measures that we can look into to improve the situation.  I'm not sure if I've mention this previously or not, but I am more that happy to take personal ownership of your problem.
Please do let me know.