cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac AFP File Sharing won't work on Plusnet Router

lanja60

Mac AFP File Sharing won't work on Plusnet Router

Since switching to Plusnet, Mac AFP file sharing won't seem to work. Before I would share files between my computer and laptop both running apple operating systems but now I can't. I've done lots of checks and it's not a problem with my computers firewalls etc. The one thing I can think of is that AFP file sharing might be blocked by the router?  But I don't know how to add it in the game/applications section of the router's page. The router I'm using is the Technicolour TG582n. Is any one else having this problem? Could it be the router's firewall? Because it used to work on my Talktalk router without any setup.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: Mac AFP File Sharing won't work on Plusnet Router

How are the two connected? There have been issues with wired wireless mixes with devices not completely being able to 'see' each other on the different interfaces.
That's RPM to you!!
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Mac AFP File Sharing won't work on Plusnet Router

Quote from: lanja60
Since switching to Plusnet, Mac AFP file sharing won't seem to work. Before I would share files between my computer and laptop both running apple operating systems but now I can't. I've done lots of checks and it's not a problem with my computers firewalls etc. The one thing I can think of is that AFP file sharing might be blocked by the router?  But I don't know how to add it in the game/applications section of the router's page. The router I'm using is the Technicolour TG582n. Is any one else having this problem? Could it be the router's firewall? Because it used to work on my Talktalk router without any setup.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.

AFP file sharing still works fine for me, so the router is capable of doing this simple task.
i didn't need to do any manual configuration for it to work, it works "out the box".
how are you trying to access the AFP share? via IP address or DNS name?
are you sure the IP address and/or name has changed since you started using the new router?
eg.. trying putting ".home" or ".lan" at the end of the name of the device - afp://macmini.home/sharename