cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY ANNOYING BROTHER!!!!!! And Lack Of Bandwidth

James
Grafter

Re: MY ANNOYING BROTHER!!!!!! And Lack Of Bandwidth

Not quite.  The usage resets are done as part of the billing script which normally runs about ten in the morning.
gary
Grafter

The first part actually starts at 4am.
If you go into help and support > My Questions and view all of your closed questions on your account some of these are actually logs of things happening to the account. Look for one that says 'Bandwidth usage has been reset' that will give you some idea of what time your usage is 'likely' to be reset.... and I use the term ‘likely’ loosely as it all depends on how many people there are to bill on that day.
When the usage is reset the restrictions are lifted.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi Jameseh / Gary.
Just to clarify, if you overrun your paid-for usage, bw is restricted not only in paid-for time, but free usage (midnight-8am) as well? Huh
Not that I'm anywhere near my limit at the moment, but how (&when) would I pay upfront for an extra 1Gb at 75p I see headline advertised. I can only find extra at £1/Gb in the Account area. Perhaps I have to buy you a new pair of socks for that Wink
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you start from the Upgrade link at the top right of every portal page I think you'll find a Change my data transfer option - I'm on the old PAYG so it may be slightly different.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

You have a choice:
1. Decide in advance (i.e. well BEFORE the billing month starts) you want a bigger allowance per month and "upgrade", so extra is 75p/GB.
2. Decide during the month/at the time and pay £1/GB
Use 1 if you know you regularly go over. Use 2 if you vary.
James
Grafter

Hi Anotherone,
Just to confirm, if you do exceed your usage, speeds are restricted 24/7 unless additional usage is added.
paulby
Grafter

You need to go here.
If you want to add extra at 75p/GB then change the usage allowance in the drop down.  It wil be changed straight away and you'll be billed for the extra in your next month's bill along with another 75p for the month ahead.  Note that it's a permanent addition and you'll be charged 75p/month ongoing unless you reduce it back down again.  Increases happen immediately, a reduction will happen at the start of the next billing period (as you're charged in advance).
If you're only likely to go over occasionally then tick the box at the bottom that says "tick this box to add extra usag at £1/GB".  That way your speeds won't be reduced and you'll be billed £1/GB in arrears.
You can cap the amount of extra usage added this way by setting a price limit here.  If you set a limit and have ticked the box to add extra usage then extra usage will be added up to the price cap at which point you'll be restricted to 128kbps.
HTH
Paul