cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lynton (Devon) speed

keithjthomas

Lynton (Devon) speed

Hi we are new to Lynton and Plusnet. We have been setup for a couple of weeks. I had a service e-mail from Plusnet today about our speed -
Now that your service has now been active for 14 days, we thought we'd let you know the speed as it stands today, by way of comparison.
Estimated line speed: 4Mbps
Current line speed: 7.15Mbps
Yes in your dreams - our current speed is Down 1.52 Up 0.29 Ping 52.63
Is there anyone else out there on Lynton exchange - I'd be interested in your speed!
2 REPLIES 2
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Lynton (Devon) speed

Hi keithjthomas,
Your speeds do seem to be on the lower side than what we would expect really 😕
Would you be able to connect your router into your Test Socket with an alternative microfilter? This will show us whether or not there's something with your internal setup/wiring causing the issue with low speeds.
Further details on the checks you can complete can be found at : http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/broadband-faults-guide-i-have-a-fault/
keithjthomas

Re: Lynton (Devon) speed

Hi Chris,
                Sorry about the delay I had to buy a longer network cable to try the modem on the main socket - result of which - possibly a little speed increase but not much (with a different new filter on main socket). We are a bit out in the country about 2.5 miles from Lynton exchange and on the end of a spur line.
Keith