cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowered speed?

OZ
Grafter

Lowered speed?

With my new router, my speed has dropped. Went back to the plusnet router and I have the same issue. For 2 weeks my speed was a rock solid 65mbit. Now it's stuck to 62-63.
Yes I am aware this is a rather small discrepancy but admittedly I am OCD like that.  Crazy
4 REPLIES 4
OZ
Grafter

Re: Lowered speed?

After running diagnostic on http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/, it seems like my suspicions are correct. My line profile speed was previously 69mbit. Now it's 65mbit.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

With FTTC this means that your sync speed has reduced, usually due to DLM in the cabinet adding 'stability' to your line (often happens if error rates are high).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
OZ
Grafter

Quote from: w23
With FTTC this means that your sync speed has reduced, usually due to DLM in the cabinet adding 'stability' to your line (often happens if error rates are high).

Oh right. Any chance that it could increase again?
I was having trouble with my internet connection previously but only with the technicolour router. Since using my TP-Link router, I have not yet had a single disconnection from the internet.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

The router should not affect sync at all, that should be purely between the modem and the cabinet.
Yes, it can go up again (though it can be a bit 'stubborn'), mine's been up and down at least 6 times in the last 2 or 3 weeks (after staying 'steady' for over 6 months).
I can happily live with a line profile in the 60s though more is always nice.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.