cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low upload speed since move from TalkTalk

aomumu

Low upload speed since move from TalkTalk

I've been stuck with lower than normal upload speeds but greater SIR since moving over to Plusnet. Gain is over 10 db now and upload is 384, previously over 500 with Talktalk,  the drop is noticeable at the end of my very long but stable line.

5 REPLIES 5
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Low upload speed since move from TalkTalk

Hi there, I am sorry to hear you are having speed problems.

I've checked your line and I'm not identifying the cause of this. I'd advise to follow the steps of the broadband troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net completing this to raise a fault to us if you need to.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Anoush Could it possibly be that the upload sync speed is capped at 440 Kbps or thereabouts? It has been known to happen for new customers.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

That was my first thought but the SNR isn't as high as I'd expect for a capped upstream.

Upon checking the order I could see it was provisioned as uncapped too.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

That is a strange response, what SNR would you expect for a capped upstream? Surely the most pertinent question is what is the upstream sync speed, it would then be obvious if it is capped or not.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Around 20 to 30 db usually. The upstream sync was sitting at about 384 kbps as the OP indicated.

Checking the order, it was provisioned on an uncapped upstream profile.