cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low speeds

jamesl182d
Dabbler

Low speeds

We're currently experiencing extremely low speeds in Putney. Totally dropped off - intermittent - around the 1MB mark at times.
Is this something Plusnet is aware of?
6 REPLIES 6
BRABUS
Grafter

Re: Low speeds

I think it is something that all plus net customers are experiencing lately.  I am sure other can give you a better explanation.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

That's a bit of a sweeping statement, intermittent connections are very very unlikely to be common between users across different areas of the country and are usually indicative of something local or a line issue.
Testing now
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

Couple of disconnections, nothing overly concerning.

Profile looks fine:
WBC 160K - 24M Medium delay (INP 1) 6dB Downstream, UC Low delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)
Current line stats:
SYNC: Down: 14661 Up: 1232
ATTN: 25
Errored seconds: 0
Can't see anything obvious from those tests, also we're not seeing an intermittent connection. Are you connection wired or wirelessly?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jamesl182d
Dabbler

Wirelessly,
Three devices struggled last night with basic web navigation, internet banking etc (not at the same time, I should add - tried one, then the other). Almost unusable until it suddenly totally recovered later in the evening, producing great speed - about an hr after I sent original question. Perhaps best description is intermittently good speed as opposed to intermittent connection.
It's happened a lot over the past few days. What are the other potential problems?
James
Chris
Legend

The wireless is my main suspect here.
Do you see any problems when connecting using a cable?
jamesl182d
Dabbler

Hmmm,
I'll check if it happens again - I've had problems with speeds in the are in the past, but this was supported up by Plusnet's stats. I'll check with the cable if it happens again & see whether it makes a difference.
Thanks for your help,
James