cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low speed on non web based traffic

reid1234
Dabbler

Low speed on non web based traffic

I've had plus net for about 6 months now and It's been nothing since trouble since I got it. Anyway that's another story. I have the unlimited 80 Mbits connection which is connecting at nearly max speed. That's great on my web browser and If I download something through the browser I usually get about 7 MB/s or around 56Mb/s. Still less than I would like but perfectly acceptable. However absolutly everything else is throttled to about 2 MB/s. I mean everything, P2P/Skype/iTunes. It's incredibly annoying to have 20% of the speed I'm connected at to be used for the things I want. I know plusnet have a system such that no one application takes up to much of the connection. The speeds I'm getting are downright throttling. I don't really have high hopes of getting this fixed as every time I've been in contact it involves 2 hours on hold and then incompetent replies but I thought I'd ask.
1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Low speed on non web based traffic

Hi reid1234,
I've just run a few checks and can't see anything obvious that could be causing this to happen.
Mind running some wireshark captures for us whilst using the connection?
http://www.wireshark.org/
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team