Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low speed!! On Unlimited fibre 80/20

shalom2010
Grafter

Re: Low speed!! On Unlimited fibre 80/20

Quote from: AzureScorch
I'm back to 70Mbps, changing gateway seemed to do the trick (restart router and maybe the BTopenreach  modem too).
I'm on  ptw-ag02 now, not sure which one I was using before.

It's really a bad idea to restart the router and modem - that may well cause your profile to drop. Just 'Disconnect' from the router webpage http://192.168.1.254/cgi/b/is/_pppoe_/dt/?be=0&l0=2&l1=2&name=Internet
AzureScorch
Dabbler

Quote from: shalom2010
Quote from: AzureScorch
I'm back to 70Mbps, changing gateway seemed to do the trick (restart router and maybe the BTopenreach  modem too).
I'm on  ptw-ag02 now, not sure which one I was using before.

It's really a bad idea to restart the router and modem - that may well cause your profile to drop. Just 'Disconnect' from the router webpage http://192.168.1.254/cgi/b/is/_pppoe_/dt/?be=0&l0=2&l1=2&name=Internet

Thanks for the heads up.
I thought I recalled reading about that but I wasn't sure, I don't think the odd/rare restart does any harm though. I think if it happens often then the network presumes you're dropping out because your line can't handle the bandwidth (correct me if I'm wrong, I know very little about how a WAN works).
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

If you are using BT home hub 3 then go to http://bthomehub.home click settings then click advanced settings, then click continue to advanced settings. Click Broadband which is at the top then scroll down until you see disconnect, once disconnected click connect.  I only know this because I am using a HH3. Other routers may differ including Netgear WNR1000 which was supplied by plusnet in march 2012
Jamie
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

The odd/rare restart of the BT Modem on Fibre can sometimes have major consequences, it's best avoided. Fibre DLM can be very aggressive at times.
englishrick
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
The odd/rare restart of the BT Modem on Fibre can sometimes have major consequences, it's best avoided. Fibre DLM can be very aggressive at times.

Dont I know it....almost 10.5 MB drop...Hopefully the DLM will put it back up again..
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Slow speeds are occurring. Going to do the disconnect and reconnect procedures
Here's the speedtest of my slow connection
Jamie
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Speeds are much better
Click here to see result!
Jamie
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Slow broadband speeds are occurring, the speed drop is to around 40mbits and ping has increased.  I have not seen a change in the Upload speed.  Hope plusnet sort this issue out, its really bugging me!!
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

For Dave
darklight
Grafter

Only joined plusnet monday, well this is fun gateway jumping, speed seems to drop off at night and high ping, to fix it need to disconnect and reconnect router and all well again, by the looks of this forum its a on going problem. They don't tell you this in there nice shinny TV ADD.
Oh well guess they'll fix it sometime before new year.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Jamie, you forgot to say which Gateway you are on, and Dave (or anyone else may not see that here, better to post that over on http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,111170.896/topicseen.html
@darklight
I trust you are logging in to the router and dropping the PPP session and not touching/rebooting the BT modem  Wink
darklight
Grafter

Not touching BT modem side thats a no no, just dropping router connection and reconnected it after 30secs.
dick:quote
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Anotherone
Jamie, you forgot to say which Gateway you are on, and Dave (or anyone else may not see that here, better to post that over on http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,111170.896/topicseen.html
@darklight
I trust you are logging in to the router and dropping the PPP session and not touching/rebooting the BT modem  Wink

Don't Worry, I PM'd Dave, as Chris suggested via PM.
Jamie