Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low cost area and squeezed pipes?

thehatman
Grafter

Low cost area and squeezed pipes?

Re this about the product refresh:
"The prices shown here are for the first 3 months. The ongoing price will then vary depending on location."
I can't work out how to tell if I am in an area where the price doesn't go up after three months.  I live in Brixton, south London. Maybe someone can tell me or show me how to find out?
Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Am I in a low cost area?

Try this link. Enter your telephone number and PostCode. The OFCOM Broadband Access Classification is shown near the bottom of the resulting page.
Further details can be found in this thread.
HTH Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

thehatman
Grafter

My number is in "Market 3". Does that mean that my pricing would stay at 5.99?  I can't follow that great, long thread.
James
Grafter

Yes, that's correct.
However, I thought that you were wanting to stay on a product that offered prioritised traffic?
thehatman
Grafter

I think I do. Would that 5.99 thing bw really poor for p2p and video and so on? I don't like squeezed pipes.
beautifulways
Grafter

The value pipes are practically having every last drop of juice squeezed out unless you're just using it for browsing Tongue
thehatman
Grafter

Thanks Beautuful Ways. That is what I needed o know. So the "value" product would still be annoying when watching high quality iplayer streams and so on, even if I confine p2p to the night period?  Er, is the night period on "value" unsqueezed?
beautifulways
Grafter

Re: Low cost area and squeezed pipes?

No, the night period is also "squeezed" down to 256Kbps according to the Expected Speeds page. Apart from download sites/servers and gaming of course. Gaming has no limits throughout the day, but download sites/servers are only limitless over night.