cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of problems activating ADSL

eddierobertson

Lots of problems activating ADSL

Hi there,
I have been trying to order and sort out my broadband before moving. When I initially ordered I confirmed with members of plusnet (chat attached) that we would have no problem having it sorted for the day we move in.
Was then told there was a cease on the line, spoke to a member of your phone team named Paul Tarr on Saturday 8 August who said the internet will be put on by Friday at the latest.
Since then, I raised this question for an update on my broadband order and was told it would take 5 working days (making it monday 17th August).
I need it as soon as possible and we have been waiting a long time already, can you please put this through urgently.
Thanks,
Eddie.
PREVIOUS CHAT LOG
Thanks for chatting with Plusnet today, as promised, here's the copy our conversation.
General Info
Chat start time Jul 28, 2015 11:47:10 AM GMT
Chat end time Jul 28, 2015 12:47:10 PM GMT
Duration (actual chatting time) 01:00:00
Operator John W
Chat Transcript
info: Welcome to our Live Chat service.  A member of our sales team will be with you shortly.
info: Welcome to Plusnet, you're now chatting to Lilly.
Lilly: Hi there, how may I assist you with your Plusnet order today?
Eddie: Hi Lilly
Lilly: Hi Again Eddie
Eddie: I spoke to you yesterday I believe. I want to order and sort out plus net broadband before I move.
Lilly: Great
Lilly: Would you like the link to the order form?
Eddie: I have it up at the moment
Eddie: But I need to confirm a few things
Eddie: As we are not in the property as yet.
Lilly: Not a problem
Eddie: We move in on the 8th August. But I can see "Switching your phone takes a minimum of 10 full working days and your broadband should activate on the same day."
Eddie: So is it possible to sort it all out before so it will be active when we move in?
Lilly: Yes you should as it will be live between the 10/11th of August if you order now
Eddie: Will there be any problems with the line before that as there is currently a tenant in the flat so don't want to mess that stuff up.
Lilly:    No it wont be a problem
Eddie: I also need to make sure no paperwork or the router etc. gets sent to the address until after we have moved in.
Lilly: No paperwork is sent out and you can change the delivery address of the router after you have ordered with customer service
Eddie: As in call them up and make sure to change the address? Can you not do it if I put the order through now?
Eddie: Thanks for your help by the way Lilly. I rang up customer services yesterday and they couldn't find my address at all.
Lilly: I can transfer you to customer service and they can arrange this for you after you have ordered
Eddie: Ok, I will put the order through now.
Lilly: Great
Lilly: Please keep the chat window open while you are ordering and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Once you have completed your order could you please provide me with your account username from the confirmation email. Thank you.
Eddie: No problem, bare with me please Lilly.
Lilly: Not a problem
Eddie: quick question
Eddie: is there some sort of cancellation period?
Lilly: You can cancel 14 days from when you order
Eddie: Done
Eddie: eddierobertson is the username
Lilly: To confirm your order please use your new username and password and log onto your account online. Please click here and log onto your new account
Eddie: Done
Lilly: Great, i can confirm the order has gone the through
Eddie: Cheesy
Eddie: Another question before you transfer me please Lilly
Lilly: Ask away
Eddie: in regards to the £50 cashback. How and when is that made?
Lilly: Once your broadband and home phone are activated you’ll receive an e-mail. Simply follow the link in the e-mail to receive your cashback cheque. Please note that the cheque will be posted to the address where you ask for your broadband to be provided.
Eddie: No problem
Eddie: Thanks
Lilly: One moment please while I find that information for you. Thank you.
info: Please wait while I transfer you to an operator at Plusnet Service.
info: All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 8 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
info: All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 9 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
info: All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 8 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
info: All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 7 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
info: All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 3 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
info: All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 2 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
info: All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 1 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
info: All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 2 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
info: All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 1 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
info: You are now chatting with 'John W' at Plusnet Service.
John W: Good afternoon, I'm John W. How can I help you today?
Eddie: Hi John
Eddie: I have just ordered a new broadband and phone
John W: Hi
Eddie: but it is for a place I am moving in to on august 8th
Eddie: so I need to make sure that nothing gets sent to the property itself and to my current home address until we move in.
Eddie: I was told by Lilly on this chat that it shouldn't be a problem.
Eddie: (Have also been waiting 25 minutes to talk to you so could we do this quickly please as I'm at work.)
John W: Sure
John W: Can I take the 4th and 5th of the password please
Eddie: username is eddierobertson
Eddie: * and *
John W: Ok, there is no way I can stop the mail going out I'm afraid - that will likely be already sent, it is placed on order as soon as the account is set up
Eddie: I literally ordered it half an hour ago
Eddie: and was told by Lilly you can do it
John W: It isn't something anyone has access to - it is entirely automated
John W: I do apologise - that information is incorrect
John W: We can make the order doesn't do anything before the 8th, but not the mail
Eddie: because there is a tenant in the flat we are moving to so want to make sure nothing disturbs him.
Eddie: As he will probably throw stuff away
John W: If you hold on a moment, I may  be able to on the hardware
Eddie: Eddie: at 11:51:37 I also need to make sure no paperwork or the router etc. gets sent to the address until after we have moved in. Lilly: at 11:52:38 No paperwork is sent out and you can change the delivery address of the router after you have ordered with customer service Eddie: at 11:53:11 As in call them up and make sure to change the address? Can you not do it if I put the order through now? Eddie: at 11:53:30 Thanks for your help by the way Lilly. I rang up customer services yesterday and they couldn't find my address at all. Lilly: at 11:53:59 I can transfer you to customer service and they can arrange this for you after you have ordered Eddie: at 11:54:12 Ok, I will put the order through now.
John W: Okay, it is going to be a close run thing - with it going active as lilly said, it would arrive a few days before normally, so it would be around the 8th when it goes out
John W: I can stop it going out by automation, but then there is the risk that it won't arrive until after activation
John W: Do you have a router of your own - that would make it easier
Eddie: You cant send the Router to my address as she said
Eddie: ?
John W: I can either stop the router going out, but then it could be late getting to you, or I could change the delivery address on it now, and manually send it, to come to your current address?
Eddie: Yes
Eddie: the 2nd option
John W: Ok - could you confirm he address to go to then please
Eddie: so that it will come to my current address and i can bring it with me when we move in
Eddie: Eddie Robertson,
Eddie: *****
Eddie: London
Eddie: *****
Eddie: And no paperwork will be sent to the address as she said?
Eddie: I just want it set up for when we move in without any disruption to the current tenant of the property.
John W: The paperwork, I'm afraid there is nothing I can do with that side - it isn't something "on the account" as it were, so there is nothing I can alter
John W: The router is on its way to the address you gave me by the way
John W: I haven't heard from you for a while.  Are you still there?
Eddie: bear with me
Eddie: Sorted
Eddie: thanks for your help
Eddie: Appreciated.
Eddie: See you.
John W: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Eddie: Actually
Eddie: can I have an email
Eddie: confirming it will be sent to my address today?
John W: Indeed - I can do a contact on the account, and when you click end chat, just put your email address in the field it provides and it will send this chat to that address
Eddie: No problem. Thank you.
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to eddierobertson@outlook.com at the end of your chat.
John W: It’s been great chatting to you today. I really appreciate your time and would love to hear any feedback that you might have.
Please click this link to close the chat and answer a few questions about the experience you have had with me today.
Don’t forget to subscribe to <a href="www.youtube.com/user/plusnethelp” target="_blank">Plusnet Help on YouTube for further help and support.
Enjoy the rest of your day!
2 REPLIES 2
eddierobertson

Re: Lots of problems activating ADSL

Bump.
Recieved text and e-mail saying broadband will be up on 18th but this is unacceptable. I need it alot quicker then that seeing as we have been waiting so long already!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Lots of problems activating ADSL

Hi there,
I've reviewed your account and unfortunately the timescales you've been provided now are correct. When we tried to place the initial order we found there was a cease order in place on the phoneline, we restarted this line following the cease and got the phoneline working on the 10th. Following that we placed the broadband order yesterday and this is due to complete on the 18th. Sorry for any different information you had initially however the delays to start with were initially down to having to wait for the cease to complete.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.