Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost printer wifi connection since switching to Plusnet

Mari
Dabbler

Lost printer wifi connection since switching to Plusnet

Hi
I'm hoping someone will be able to help.....
I have an Epson XP-202 printer (no LCD screen) which was printing fine from using a Wifi connection up until a week ago when I changed from TalkTalk to Plusnet (& respective routers).
Since then, the printer will not connect & I am only able to print from my computer using a USB cable.
The printer status sheet which tells me the SSID is still trying to connect to TalkTalk, but I don't know how to change this.
I've tried removing then reinstalling the printer from my computer, updating drivers, but  to no avail.
I'm at a loss as to what to do next....if anyone can offer some advice to help me get the Wifi working with my Plusnet router, I'd be most grateful

5 REPLIES 5
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Lost printer wifi connection since switching to Plusnet

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

How did you set it up in the first place? it would appear you nee dot do the same https://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/support/11504
Mari
Dabbler

Thanks for your replies.
It was a few years ago since I bought the printer, but I believe I just had to hold the wifi button down for a few seconds whilst it scanned & picked up the signal automatically.
I have tried the Epson site but my printer doesn't have the LCD panel.  I have also tried resetting the WPS on the router (which is working fine with everything else) and also manually resetting the Wifi button on the printer, but it just doesn't seem to be picking up the Plusnet router (even when placed next to it).
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

From the support site above it appears that you need to run some sort of epson set up program on your p.c while  it is connected by usb
Mari
Dabbler

Thanks pint.  I took your advice & had another look.  Finally managed to get it working by downloading & installing the "Epson Product Setup (1.4)" again and didn't need the usb cable in the end - the wifi connected  Smiley