cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost connection since this morning

Richchad
Rising Star

Lost connection since this morning

My BB was working fine first thing, then lost connection for a short time but now has been down since mid morning.
Have reported fault, am on dial up at moment, have tried rebooting pc and router but no luck, on my Voyager 2091 router the DSL light flickers fast for a while with the message in the connection status saying 'training', then a slow flashing saying 'handshaking' then the light goes out with a 'Down' message.
I am guessing, but does this mean I have lost connection to the exchange, phone line working okay?
Waiting for fault update in approx 1 hours time..........
33 REPLIES 33
Richchad
Rising Star

Re: Lost connection since this morning

Well have had reply, all network appears okay, done some more checking, like moving Pc to main ADSL connection, no difference, then had a thought, what if I can find my old Binatone ADSL 500, found it and hey, it works, so looks like it must be my newer Voyager 2091 that is playing up, need to do a a few more double checks to be sure.....looks like PN gave me a duff router, are they still giving these out?
If I have to buy another wireless router any suggestions on which ones to go for?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I think you can get a Speedtouch 585v7 for the price of postage and packing if you sign up for another 12 months on the old products or 18 months if you have already moved to them (increase from 12 to 18 months if you didn't take the router and aren't on the pro package)
Richchad
Rising Star

[Hmmm sounds interesting, think that is how I got this Voyager 2091 by signing for another 12 months and if I decided to leave before would have to pay for the router, guess this must be a similar deal, am i right in thinking the postage & packing is £6.99?
How much would I have to pay if didn't complete another year, think the units only cost about £35+vat?
How quick to get one and how?
Sorry about all the questions...........
adie:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend

You may have to raise a ticket as James is on holiday I think
I suspect it would take about a week
if you leave before the year is up you would be hit with the full cost which, from memory, is a lot more than it would cost to buy one from another source but I will do a bit of digging to see if I can find a number
Done a bit of digging and subject to correction I think you would just be hit with the cost of the remainder of the contract - for example 6 months at whatever your package costs
Richchad
Rising Star

Thanks for your help, will give it a bit of thought before I raise a ticket, might be worth just buying one, although I don't have any intention of changing ISPs so the offer is tempting.   Smiley
adie:quote
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
The router offer does indeed come with a new 12 month contract, and if you left midway you would be liable for the remainder of the contract.
You'd just need to pay the £6.99 postage upfront, and we can usually get a router to you within a couple of days.
If you want to do this you just need to raise a ticket.
If you're looking at buying one you can usually find 'em cheap on Amazon or ebuyer.
Richchad
Rising Star

Hi Mand,
In the router deal I did before about 2 years ago (it didn't last long did it) was that if i left before the 12 months i would only have to pay for the router, why has it changed to paying for remainder of the contract?
How do I raise a ticket, I still have one open while monitoring my BB problem that caused all this, can I add it to this ticket or raise a new one?
Mand
Grafter

That would have been a deferred contract on your account equivalent to the cost of the router.
We don't have these anymore, hence the change.
You can either add to that ticket, or raise a new one. Either is fine.
Richchad
Rising Star

Okay, have just raised a new ticket for this, hope this one lasts a bit longer than the Voyager 2091, it is less than 2 years...    Sad
Richchad
Rising Star

Just had this reply for my ticket.....'Please be advised, we offer a Thompson 4 port wireless router not a Speed touch router'....isn't that the same, a Thomson Speedtouch 585v7 router? 
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Yes - idiots  Grin
Richchad
Rising Star

Okay, thanks Jim.      Roll_eyes
James
Grafter

Hi Rich,
I've replied to your ticket and ordered your router.
It should be with you in the next 2-3 days.
Richchad
Rising Star

Many thanks James.  Smiley