Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost connection for 4 hours

FIXED
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Lost connection for 4 hours

The router admin page should show connected somewhere, and then try going to  http://217.32.105.42 

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: No internet for four hours

carlcaulkett
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The connection status as shown by the router homepage is "DSL Down". So I cannot connect to 217.32.105.42 or anywhere else for that matter. I'm starting to think we're going round in circles here. So if you can come up with any other ideas I'd be grateful.
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Reply from duplicate thread merged and duplicate thread removed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

carlcaulkett
Rising Star

Did this a couple of hours ago. Check possible duplicated thread.
carlcaulkett
Rising Star

I should have mentioned earlier that the broadband light is flashing. The user guide (page 10) seems to indicate this is a bad thing. Thoughts anyone?
MrSilver
Pro

Ah right, yes, flashing means the DSL is not connecting, the earlier post of 

Broadband on

would have been useful to have been broadband flashing 🙂

With that flashing your router wont be able to connect to anything and needs different tests....

Apart from plugging the router into the master socket and disconnect any extensions to check that works, there isnt much we can do here as the physical connection isnt up to enable you to talk to Plusnet. 

One of the staff on here might be able to run a line check / DSL status check to look for the fault.

carlcaulkett
Rising Star

What could possibly have changed? Nothing has physically changed wrt the cables and sockets.
carlcaulkett
Rising Star

The connection has been fine for months. What can possibly have gone wrong to the extent that I don't know who to get to fix it. You understand my frustration with this...
MrSilver
Pro

well this is the community forum where customer help each other, we dont have access to your account details or tools from BTW to run tests and fix things, hence the diagnostics we went through were to try and resolve what is often in home issues.

If you have change nothing and it stopped working it is most likely a line fault and needs either phone up to talk to someone or log the fault at https://faults.plus.net/

carlcaulkett
Rising Star

Fix

Wouldn't you know it after all that palaver my broadband has come back as mysteriously as it disappeared. If someone, somewhere lent a hand to fix this then my heartfelt thanks, otherwise my apologies for not mentioning the flashing broadband light earlier, and also apologies to everyone for misreading the status of the forum, and thanks to MrSilver for setting me right on that account. It's scary how much we rely on those there interwebs, n'est ce pas?

MrSilver
Pro

Glad its all working again!