cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost connection. Now told to sit and wait.

wellibob

Lost connection. Now told to sit and wait.

Lost connection 4 hours ago.  Called up and it looks like a exchange fault and told I must sit and wait upto 72 hours before anything further is done.  This is truly shocking service.  I have absolutely no idea how long till I get re connected. Not happy at all.
6 REPLIES 6
petecov44
Grafter

Re: Lost connection. Now told to sit and wait.

Atleast you won't be the only one affected. Which means a possible faster resolution as most exchanges have engineers on site and on callout out of hours.
picbits
Rising Star

What exchange are you on ?
wellibob

EMDUSTO  Duston Northamptonshire
picbits
Rising Star

Hmmm - a customer of mine is connected to that (he's on St James Mill Road) and has no current issues although he is on BT Business broadband. I've just checked his connection graphs and while it shows the usual poor latency because of his distance to the exchange he is still connected.
Fingers crossed  you get sorted soon.
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Quote from: wellibob
Lost connection 4 hours ago.  Called up and it looks like a exchange fault and told I must sit and wait upto 72 hours before anything further is done.  This is truly shocking service.  I have absolutely no idea how long till I get re connected. Not happy at all.

that is the standard SLA from Openreach though, so this is outwith the control of Plusnet.
you would have the same result from any ISP.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi wellibob,
I've just raised your issue with our suppliers, this should save you some time and should push things further along for you. We'll work as quickly as possible to restore your service. It can take up to 48-72 hours for our Faults Team to fully investigate and get back in touch with you.