cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Connection

puddy
Grafter

Lost Connection

A couple of days ago in the middle of the night/small hours of the day my router went off,  I tried logging back in again but could not connect at all, so I logged in to my router and all the setting had been wiped out and would not re-connect
I ran a router restore and it connected again and had no further problems and forgot about it  But I spoke to my neighbour yesterday and he had the exactly the same problem at the same time  We are both with plusnet
So was it plusnet related i.e. maintenance or a local exchange problem? 
I have my router protected with 240v ups and telephone line protected as too by the same ups device
My router stats now show different

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 4.0 / 3.0                                          now show  4.0/2.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 19.0 / 14.5                                                now show 20.0/14.5
Not knowing what they mean are they better or worse and did the disconnection damage my router?
Kind regards
Puddy
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Lost Connection

We performed some work on one of our ERX's early yesterday morning, but that shouldn't have caused any change to your router settings at all.
With regards to the stats, if anything they look slightly better (already very very good stats), the attenuation has dropped to 2 which shows that it's a very very very short line. I assume you're still syncing at 8128?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I didn't know BT rented out accomodation in their exchanges Crazy As Mr.Parr has already commented an improvement in some already extremely good stats. I would check that you have good anti-surge protection in addition to your UPS. Very high signals along with a surge could zap some electronics Shocked
scootie
Grafter

nice stats. got me a homer donut moment going here looking at those stats. hehe