cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Connection

kylesemon
Hooked

Lost Connection

I am hoping to get some help here regarding the internet connection lost.
The connection been on and off frequently recently, basically happen 2-3 times a week, which annoyingly to affect my security system.
Hope someone can advise how to fix it.
6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Lost Connection

@kylesemon No doubt one of the Help team will pick this up in due course, but if you want help from the Community:

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (ethernet) connection, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the broadband connection status from your Hub would be a good starting point.

For the Hub One -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Troubleshooting > Helpdesk

For the Hub Two -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

If phone test is OK then take the front off your telephone master socket, you may need to remove two screws. In behind you will find the test socket. Plug a filter in here and connect that to your hub. If it’s still dropping out then report a fault at https://faults.plus.net.

John
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@kylesemon Is it fixed then? My post merely advised how to troubleshoot the issue.

John
kylesemon
Hooked

Thanks Jab.  Sure your solution will help many ppls struggling with the same issue. 

Unfortunately I don't have any device could do the wired (ethernet) connection, all goes wireless. 

But thanks a lot for your help anyway.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for getting in touch, and I'm really sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your internet connection. I'll pop a visual radius below which only shows one drop to be honest, so I'm assuming the issue is with the wireless connection rather than the line itself. 

Going forward, I'd be more than happy to run a Smart Wireless Scan on your router, along with splitting the SSID's, which I can personally vouch for, it's likely to improve your wireless connection.

This will drop the connection for a moment though, so I'd need the go ahead from you before I do ahead. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

The one hour plus disconnection looks unusual unless the user was doing something.  Was there BTw engineering activity at that time?

The disconnection pattern (none in the preceding six days) does not match the user's perception, so it would be worthwhile they being clearer about how they perceive the disconnections.  If their security devices cannot access the security control system, the issue could be that their security system provider was off air, not their internet connection.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Given the time of which the disconnection occurred @Townman, I assumed it was either a manual disconnection by the end user, or Openreach maintenance work. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds