Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost 10MB off my fibre overnight.

Boodz85
Grafter

Lost 10MB off my fibre overnight.

yesterday had speedtests showing 56-57 meg download with 16-17 meg upload
this morning im getting 46-47 meg download and 16-17 meg upload.
is there a problem and can this be looked into please?
13 REPLIES 13
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Lost 10MB off my fibre overnight.

What website are you using to test your speed ?
The one Plusnet links to reports mine between 18Mb and 70Mb depending on which way the wind is blowing. Upload speeds always seem about right.
www.speed.io reports 80% of my current download speed and 33% of my current upload speed.
www.speetest.net appears the most accurate at 18mb up and 65-71Mb depending on which server I pick.
Sunday evening I was down to 55-60Mb download depending on which one I used to test my speed. I suspect there was a bit of network congestion during this time.
Boodz85
Grafter

speedtest.net is the one i use

this is my current speedtest.  I was getting nearly 10 meg more than this yesterday.
picbits
Rising Star

It seems the most stable.
Have you tried with the BT wholesale speed checker ? If that comes up with the same speed +\- a bit then it may be a line problem or it may just be someone on your cabinet is downloading a few monster files today.
My speed varies between 50Mb and 73Mb depending on the time of day but I can usually download at 70Mb/s when it's at what I classify as a "quiet" time during the day.
Boodz85
Grafter

http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/ says my ip profile is 48.85mb which is over 10 meg less than yesterday, which i dont understand, my estimate was 53.2mb and my sync is 59.2mb at the minute according to the plusnet site in the member area.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Looks like there was a drop this morning around 11:20, and the profile was dropped following that - seems odd for it to happen with just one drop after 8 days of connectivity (at least according to our logs) but unfortunately that can happen. There's not really a lot we can do apart from wait for it to uplift aside from raising a fault, but I doubt a speed drop of 10Mb would be accepted by our suppliers I'm afraid.
Boodz85
Grafter

o well we will have to just wait and be patient then, is it likely to fix itself through DLM then over the next 10 days?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Provided it stays stable at decent speeds then it certainly should do, I'd not want to say for definite though as the DLM on fibre is still to some degrees a mystery. Worse comes to worst though we can have a word with the faults team and see if there is anything they can do.
Boodz85
Grafter

i appear to have had 3 different ip's in 3 days (disconnections im assuming) im now down to 46 meg down (13meg drop from a couple of days ago) and 15 meg up (2 meg drop from a couple of days ago), i think this needs looking into before a serious problem develops.
In 3 days my speed has gone from 59.2 to 48.8 to 48.4 this morning (these are the sync figures shown in my account, not speed tests), please help here  Huh
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
Your connection has a dynamic IP which means it will change each time you disconnect and reconnect. If that proves to be an issue and you find you need a static IP one is available. We wouldn't regard that number of disconnections as an issue however as the speeds are still low I'd take Matt's recommendation and raise a fault here: http://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Boodz85
Grafter

Down to 43meg this morning  Angry better get this figured out grrrrrrrrr
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there, if you don't see an improvement then as Adam suggested it might be worth going through our faults troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net and see if any issue can be identified/resolved.
Boodz85
Grafter

Faults didnt find an issue but appears DLM has adjusted my profile this morning back to 51.2meg so lets hope it takes another jump up soon too Smiley but for now im happy its close enough to the 53meg estimate for my liking Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

That's good to hear, let us know if that becomes an issue again.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team